• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hoyo De Monterrey

Guitar_Gatler

The Dude
Cigar: Hoyo De Monterrey Sabrosa
Size: 5 x 40
Wrapper: Maduro

The whole reason I got these cigars was to have a nice short cigar on hand for nights when I didn't want to spend an hour puffing out in the cold. This thing lasted me about 35 minutes which was a perfect amount of time to walk the dog and smoke it down to the band before I froze my bum off.

The first thing I noticed was that this cigar had the same pre-light draw as it's bigger brother the governor. It had the same sweet tobacco, almost woody flavor to it. The draw was perfect, not too tight but not too loose either. Right off the bat this thing was producing a huge amount of smoke.

The first inch or so was very smooth, it definitely was starting off a whole lot better than the governors. It started with sweet tobacco flavors with notes of light wood and nuts that carried out through the whole smoke. About half way through it started to get a little harsh(maybe because I didn't give them time to rest before I had to try one), but it calmed down and smoothed out for the last couple of inches. It ended smooth, the same as it started with little fits of harshness. The sweet aftertaste lingered a bit, until I had a coke to cleanse my palate.

This thing was a little harsh at times but overall I would consider this to be a huge value. For less than a dollar these things are worth every penny. The flavor was a bit monotonous but the one flavor it had throughout was definitely a good one(sweet tobacco, nuts, wood). I will have to give these a little bit more time in the humi to see if they even out a little bit.