• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hoyo Des Dieux

Islesfan

Hoyo des Dieux

Corona Grande 6x42

This cigar came from a 5x5 pack from Nov 03

This is a nice looking cigar with a beautiful light wrapper. Burn from the start to finish was almost perfect and didn't require any touch up. Draw was excellent with plenty of smoke.

This isn't a cigar that will knock you on your arse, but it isn't a cigar thats flat and tastless either. From the first light I got that cuban twang that I soo love, subtle at first, but once I got to the first quarter it really starts to get going. I'm not great at picking out certain flavors in a smoke but this one I would say had a distinct woody flavor to it. The twang is there from the start, and just keeps building and stays there throughout. Never did this cigar get hot, harsh, or bitter, just a beautiful hour plus smoke. Heard a lot of people say this is too light and lacks flavor but I didn't find this at all. Its a medium type smoke that would be great with a morning coffee or after lunch smoke, or any time you want a good flavorful smoke and don't want to feel dizzy afterward. Look forward to smoking plenty more of these.

Mike

I'm not a fan of the HdM line BUT the Le Hoyo line is a different story. MRN says these are "more intense and woody in flavor when compared to the regular Hoyo de Monterrey cigars." and I agree with this.

The Le Hoyo des Dieux is my favorite of this line measuring 6 1/8 x 42, the "Coronas Grandes" vitola. MRN also says these are the best of the line by general consensus.

Islesfan, your review is right on the money in my opinion!! :thumbs:

Thanks for the kind words CC. It means a lot coming from someone with much more knowledge than myself.