• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HSA says: Name your next Regional Edition

badhangover

Go ahead, take your shot at it. The only caveat is that it must be at least somewhat plausible. A likable cigar with a good or semi-good chance of hitting the chopping block, only to be revived soon after at great cost to us consumers. Long live new and improved HSA marketing!

I'll go first...

Cohiba Esplendido
Far and away my #1 choice. I really think it's possible too. Really really possible. Here's why: It's a storied cigar. Famous as all heck. But, be honest, when's the last time you bought a box of these? I don't have or care to look at purchase numbers, but I doubt they're flying off the shelves by the box. But can you imagine if HSA suddenly discontinued them? The whole Habano world would be up in arms! And think of the reintroduced cost! At 47 x 178 (7"), these babies weigh in at an estimated hefty 15.10 grams. Sooooo much dough for the lucky distributor who could pull this one off. Heck, I can imagine one of the distributors paying HSA a bounty on this cigar just for the right to pay for the RE rights down the road. Putting a double band on this cigar would be like dressing up the prettiest girl in school for the prom - and then telling you that you could be her date (hypothetically, as a fellow teenager, you pervs :laugh:) for an inflated but doable price. The lines would be out the door.

I've got a couple others in mind as well, but there's no need in me hogging up my whole thread. Watcha think for your Regional Edition, you future HSA executives???

There are ton that would be cool to see for sure. BTW - I think the premise behind the regional releases are cigars sizes that are currently made within a marca. How about a Ramon Allones Esplendido?!

Go ahead, take your shot at it. The only caveat is that it must be at least somewhat plausible. A likable cigar with a good or semi-good chance of hitting the chopping block, only to be revived soon after at great cost to us consumers. Long live new and improved HSA marketing!

I'll go first...

Cohiba Esplendido
Far and away my #1 choice. I really think it's possible too. Really really possible. Here's why: It's a storied cigar. Famous as all heck. But, be honest, when's the last time you bought a box of these? I don't have or care to look at purchase numbers, but I doubt they're flying off the shelves by the box. But can you imagine if HSA suddenly discontinued them? The whole Habano world would be up in arms! And think of the reintroduced cost! At 47 x 178 (7"), these babies weigh in at an estimated hefty 15.10 grams. Sooooo much dough for the lucky distributor who could pull this one off. Heck, I can imagine one of the distributors paying HSA a bounty on this cigar just for the right to pay for the RE rights down the road. Putting a double band on this cigar would be like dressing up the prettiest girl in school for the prom - and then telling you that you could be her date (hypothetically, as a fellow teenager, you pervs :laugh:) for an inflated but doable price. The lines would be out the door.

I've got a couple others in mind as well, but there's no need in me hogging up my whole thread. Watcha think for your Regional Edition, you future HSA executives???

You've got it almost right. Discontinued cigars do show up with double bands; but the second band is to make it a "LCDH Exclusive" (or, if people really need to pay, a duty-free exclusive - or at worst, a duty-free exclusive RE). RE's are (mostly) just strange sizes. Supposedly the blend can be different ...

Also, the RE's are light on tobacco, not heavy. My Boli Short Boli's (yes, I hang my head in shame for formerly wanting everything Bolivar) almost seem to weigh less than the plywood (!?!) cabinet that they came in.

My thoughts are, why stop at two bands? The Boli Armonia is the trendsetter here - RE and duty-free (special packaging) only. You can get the Party Salomones for under $200 for 10, or the Armonia (also a Salomones, IIRC) for what - $1300 for 8? Now that is some serious marketing.

So, my prediction?

The Boli Churchill tubo was discontinued in 2002 in favour of the Immensas. I predict the Bolivar Gran Reserva EL Churchill tubo exclusive to duty-free.

Current production: I'm thinking a thin-ring will get the chop, maybe a Montecristo Especial No. 1. That way it can come back as the first "Open" RE - so three bands, four if it is LCDH-exclusive - h*ll, use some old tobacco to make it a Gran Reserva and go for five bands!

:D

Bolivar Pyramides Grande (52x7 shaggy foot pyramid in a cabinet) . Old belicosa blend (muy fuerte)

The next German RE(Bolivar Elegantes) is a direct result of HSA polling german forums as to what they would buy, rather interesting. My choice would be another lancero, since that's what I love to smoke, I'd go with a Cohiba Maduro 5 Lancero RE lol.