• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Huckleberry, King and Reigning Champeen

SamClemmons

eloquent absurdity
Click here
Turn on yer speakers.

Huckleberry, the team, the LEGEND

Ahhhhh. I'm basking in my own wonderfullness. I bought new shades this year cause when you're me, the sun shines all the time.

"Oh Lord it's hard to be humble..."

I'd like to thank all the little people I stepped on and trashed to get where I am today.

"When you're perfect in every way..."

I'd like to thank those eight of you who remained mired in outstanding mediocrity while convincing yourselves that one more "free agent" would turn it all around.

"I can't wait to look in the mirror..."

I'd like to thank gtphale, who believed that all he needed was a great quarterback and proceeded to take Carson Freakin' Palmer with the 3rd pick in the 1st round.(note to hale: Palmer plays for the Cincy Bunglers) This left his team foundering while he fretted away in quiet desperation.

"Cuz I get better lookin' each day..."

And to Cookie who's hands on approach to coaching simply boggles the mind. He got gtphale to trade him Plaxico Burress AND Travis Henry for Clinton Portis. Portis was out for the season 4 days later.

"To know me is to love me..."

I'd like to thank alexgtp who had no chance from day one but fought viciously throughout the year to come up with 3, count ‘em, 3 huge wins to finish dead last. This guy knows as much about football as I do about Centroid-density quantum rate theory... maybe less.

"I must be a hell of a man..."

Thanks to gtphale for his selflessness in picking up all those fine sticks and taking care of them until the time that he sends most of them to me. Thanks.

"Oh Lord it's hard to be humble..."

To David2340 for keeping that top spot warm and attainable all year while I assembled, using my own devastating mental acuity, a team that would finally drive him in to obscurity. Errmm... that would be Cookie's Team. Thanks Cookie.

To those of you not mentioned personally I just have to say, well, let's face it, you are, all of you, eminently forgetable.

Neal

It was a great year - congrats Neal - I will get you next year. :sign:

Historical note of intrest: Link
The name Huckleberry, in this instance, came from my cat who was a Berman, seal point. He was named for one of my favorite characters in American literature, Huckleberry Finn.

Huckleberry (my cat), passed away this past spring at the ripe old age of 19 years 7 months. He was followed by my coon hound, Twain, in July at the age of 14. He was followed by my Lab/Rotty mix, Poppy, in October, age 12. We are left with an Akita, Bimi, who is being very careful around us and who has been heard to mutter to the new puppies, "These muthaf__kers ain't kiddin'. They will kill your ass."

NA

The name Huckleberry, in this instance, came from my cat who was a Berman, seal point. He was named for one of my favorite characters in American literature, Huckleberry Finn.

Huckleberry (my cat), passed away this past spring at the ripe old age of 19 years 7 months. He was followed by my coon hound, Twain, in July at the age of 14. He was followed by my Lab/Rotty mix, Poppy, in October, age 12. We are left with an Akita, Bimi, who is being very careful around us and who has been heard to mutter to the new puppies, "These muthaf__kers ain't kiddin'. They will kill your ass."
NA

I'm sorry for your loss, Neal, but that last line is funny as hell! :laugh:

NA
I'm sorry for your loss, Neal, but that last line is funny as hell! :laugh:

I appreciate that Steve. I'm still trying to climb out of this funk. It's been 8 months of assorted terminal disease end care... one after the other. We did right by them and there is comfort in that.

NA

Congrats on the win.

It was a fun time. Can't wait until next year.

Nice win.

NA

Sorry 'bout your loss. 19 years is a good run for a cat. I lost a dog named Sophie in September. She was 13, her brother was named Augustus but we always called him Augie. He died 4 years ago at the age of 14.

Augie would walk the yard shouting "I'm a mushroom cloud laying muthf__ker" to the other pound dogs roaming around. He loved watchin' Sam Jackson with me.

To David2340 for keeping that top spot warm and attainable all year while I assembled, using my own devastating mental acuity, a team that would finally drive him in to obscurity. Errmm... that would be Cookie's Team. Thanks Cookie.

Well, at least I beat ya twice in the regular season! ;)
I loose the first game of the year, rattle off 11 wins in a row, loose to Rob twice in a row... END UP FINISHING 7TH!!! :angry:

Congrats Neal, on the championship!!! :thumbs:

Yea, the season was goodtimes! Maybe next year I can get a couple wins to finish in the playoff spots. Look forward to next year.

Just found this thread. My RB situation was my downfall this year. I'll have that fixed by next year. Congrats Neal on your win and Rob for your runner up spot.

I'm never trading for a RB again. Last year I trade Ward for Holmes and he goes out for the year. This year Portis, only thing that saved me was Betts.

Thanks for a great year and next year I'm running away with it.

Hale

I missed this one too. To lose one family member in a year is bad, to lose three, devastating. Sorry for you loss, Neal. Small consolation in spanking the league in FF.

Yeah, the FFL was about the only thing I did for distraction.
Three in row will definitely take you out at the knees, Bruce. I was dazed for over a month but I'm, "gettin' mad at them damned eggs" now.
Thanks for the thoughts.

You got no chance next year either Hale.

NA