• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humi-Care XG1000 pro -- Who else uses one of these?

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
I've been using a Humi-Care XG1000 pro for a year and half I guess... Never had complete success with the results honestly. I've been using 50/50 pg mix... The read out is seriously inaccurate, and because of the way my fridgador / wineador is made, there is a solid shelf in the center where some electronics are mounted, and I guess that prevents humidity from passing up to the top... even though there is plenty of room between the glass door and the front edge of that shelf.

I opened it in hopes there might be a way to make it more accurate, that was pointless. I'd need to know which resistors to change and to what values to lower the reading as its display is always too high. Shows 80% when its more like 68% according to my free standing hygro's in there.

I find myself using beads and this insanely huge humidifier. As I remember there are a couple others out there like Hydra, Cigar Oasis, and the avallon unit which looks really nice. In defense of this humidifier, it might be MY particular fridge, temp of the house, etc... my setup might be what makes this thing give me headaches.

But searching around, all I ever find is MY post's about this this - does ANY ONE else use one of these? I'd like to hear your results.

I have the Hydra LG which i belive is the same unit just a diffrent name. I have had very poor results with it and am considering buying a new unit. The screen readout is off by 5% and the foam runs out of water every day. Just tired of messing with it. I have re sesoned my Humidor twice since March.

This unit really sucks.

Good luck

The new Hydra allows you to calibrate the built-in hygro. I use beads in the summer when it's humid here add the Hydra in the winter when it's very dry outside.

I know my Humi-Care has an adjustment for the hygro readout, but even at its lowest adjustment setting- its still about +12% too high.. So I guess the resolution to that is if you want 70% set your target humidity to 82%, and remember to substract 12% when "reading" the display.

I'm not sure how well the Cigar Oasis or even Moist-n-aire compares...

For what its worth, I calibrated with Boveda packs from my local B&M. Forget the salt test - the boveda packs ARE the RH that's printed on the pack - period.... no guessing if your mixture is correct, etc... Made checking my unit a WHOLE LOT easier.