• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humi Help

MartyMcFly

Let me start by saying that I have done my fair share of searching but have yet to find a post that addresses my humidor issue. Early friday afternoon I got my first 100ct. humidor and I immediately began seasoning it. I put a shotglass of distilled water in it and closed the lid (without the beads). My hygro initially read ~55%Rh and 48hrs. later I opened it for the first time to check and it was at 63%. Today I opened it and it is at 67%. From what I have read it seems as though the humidor is not yet seasoned all the way since the Rh has not leveled out just yet. So my questions are: 1. What is the desired Rh that my humi should reach before I go ahead and add my beads? 2. Once I add the beads and the humi reaches a steady 65% how slowly should I start to add the cigars as I have about thirty or so that I would like to transfer from my cooler to my humidor? Sorry for the elementary/newbish questions and just so the thread isn't an entire waste of time I will be adding some pics in the next half hour or so! Thanks in advance!

I'm no expert, but I'd throw in your smokes and your moistened beads and check it in a day.
If the RH is too high, you can take out your beads or leave the box opened for a bit.
If the RH is too low (and 67% is good) add more water to the beads...
or something.
Don't obsess.

Good advice from Captain. It is not unusual for a humi to take a week or two to settle in.

Not to thread jack but... Captain... thank you for the avatar!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

mac

Thanks guys for the quick responses...and as promised here are some pics

Picture035.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture038.jpg

It can weeks sometimes for a humi to level out. Also the fuller it is, the more stable it is. Now go fill'er up. Nice humi. Be sure and post about how it was to small and you should have gone bigger. HEHE It always happens.