• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humicare beads vs "Ice" crystal gel humidification

Yeahthatsme

So I ordered an imperfect 75-100ct humidor from an online store, it's a beaut but I've run into a minor snag. When I ordered, I also got a can of the Humi-care gel crystals to use as a humidifier, but when the package arrived it came with "Ice crystal gel humidification" instead of the humi-care brand stuff. Should I worry about this, or will the Ice crystals work just fine? Thanks.

Humi-Care Crystals, and Ice Crystals are the same thing, also the same contents as Drymistat tubes. They contain PG solution, and are charged with distilled water. They do nothing to absorb exess humidity, where beads will.

If you live in a dry climate, they will work OK, where I live, I need something that works both up and down... BEADS!

Look for beads on heartfeltindustries.com

Dennis~

Same problem here in Ohio, humidity differences are killer. When ordering from Heartfelt I went one size bigger just incase I forgot to check on the humi for a while. Also will work well when I get a bigger humi :whistling:

Seriously shipping was amazingly fast, would hesiatate for one second. Beads are the way to go IMO (that is for less than 30 bucks.)

A number of people get twice the amount of beads that they need for their particular size of humidor just because having twice as much makes humidity recovery after opening your humidor much faster.

http://heartfeltindustries.com/calculator.asp

There's the bead calculator. Just enter your humidor size in there and it should tell you how many beads you need. I'd go with twice as many.

A number of people get twice the amount of beads that they need for their particular size of humidor just because having twice as much makes humidity recovery after opening your humidor much faster.

http://heartfeltindustries.com/calculator.asp

There's the bead calculator. Just enter your humidor size in there and it should tell you how many beads you need. I'd go with twice as many.

Yeah, I put the numbers from my humidor in there, I'm just gonna order a half pound of beads and then use some in my humidor and then the rest for whatever else I may need(quarantine, specials, overflow, etc).

Thanks for the help guys, not quite the answer to my question but very helpful nonetheless :).

What other info would you like? The car of gelatin that you recieved mixes with distilled water and gives off humidity at a predetermined rH. The rH could be different depending on concentration of PG.

Linky

Here is a useful link

If your really that concerned about PG then go to local pharmancy and have them order you some; it cost a lot less and isn't hard to use.

What other info would you like? The car of gelatin that you recieved mixes with distilled water and gives off humidity at a predetermined rH. The rH could be different depending on concentration of PG.

Linky

Here is a useful link

If your really that concerned about PG then go to local pharmancy and have them order you some; it cost a lot less and isn't hard to use.

Heh, I was mostly wondering whether or not I should be upset over getting a different product than I ordered, and instead got some really great info on humidification. Thanks for the links, I'll check them out for sure.

Oh, sorry total misread your question, my bad. All that stuff is the same, different name on container some have an aqua color, but all do exactly the same thing.

Good luck and enjoy.

Heh, I was mostly wondering whether or not I should be upset over getting a different product than I ordered, and instead got some really great info on humidification. Thanks for the links, I'll check them out for sure.

I answered that in the #2 post, Humi-Care, and Ice Crystals are the same thing ;)

Thanks guys, definitely appreciate it. Going to order some heartfelt beads after my paypal payments clear heh.

Back