• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HumiCare XG1000 Electronic Humidifier woes...

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
I recently purchased a HumiCare XG1000 electronic humidifier from Cbid, and bought myself a non-working glass door 28-32 bottle wine cooler off craigslist. I always wanted a fridgador... This one was broken - it would not cool anymore, so I simply use it as storage (NO COOLING ABILITY WHATSOEVER).

I bought the big humicare, so I wouldn't have to mess around with anything anymore - That was getting old after all these years. It claims it was pre-calibrated at the factory (yeah right)... ok... so here's where the fun starts.

This has been setup for months now and I'm not seeing any more stabilizing now than I did before. I have 6 or more hygro's in there in various locations to get RH %'s.... I salt tested them all before I started this project, and marked them accordingly. The Humicare's digital RH level isn't accurate at all - assuming my hygro's are. One of us is wrong, I just don't know which one yet.

I initially tried straight distilled water on the foam inside the humicare, and the RH according to the humicare itself is at least +5% +10% higher than my Hygro's... And while it is adjustable, it pre-calibrated state was ALL THE WAY - LOW, so I can't lower it anymore.

So even if I set the thing for 65% I was seeing RH%'s of +75 to 79! WAY TOO HIGH... especially in the Texas heat. So I left the foam pad thingy outside for a couple of texas summer days, which evaporated all the distilled water completely - and now I'm using Cigar Juice (propolyene glycol/distilled water mix) - I did not mix this myself, I actually BOUGHT cigar juice from my local tobacco shop. (this is exactly the kind of crap I was trying to get away from when buying this device!)

ANYWAY: I keep it set at 65%, which it never gets too... it hovers around 73% no matter what... unless I open the door that is.

I've tried adding beads, that seems to increase humidity... I'm seriously worried about mold now - because of the improved seal on the fridge.

I'm MINIMUM 5% off between the humicare and its closest seperate hygro... When I say the humidor is being held at 73% I'm averaging it out between all the hygro's...

SO: What can I do? Has anyone else here had luck (good or bad) with Humicare XG1000 device??? I guess I might need to salt test the XG1000 itself...?