• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidity level

pj_rage

Novice Cigar Smoker
I've searched, but I can't find anything conclusive, and all I want to know is if I should switch beads or not...

From what I can tell, most of you keep your humidity below 70%, and lately I've seen a few posts here lately about people who had mold and other issues with higher humidity, even at 70%. All the searches bring up numbers that are not 65 or 70 (bead amounts) but something like 68 or 62, etc, I'm not sure how you guys achieve those numbers with beads? I have about 10% ISOM, the rest not, FWIW.

Anyway, last year when I got my first humidor I purchased 70% beads for it, for some reason that I can't remember? Something I read I think. Either way, the humidor has been around 60-65% mostly due to neglect :whistling: but also because I didn't properly season the humidor. These two combined never really let me hit the 70%. I have now fixed both problems and the humidor is staying at 70%.

I haven't had any problems yet, but I'm not looking to dig to the bottom in a couple months and find mold or start having other problems.

So, should I be concerned enough to order 65% pucks/beads, or am I paranoid for no reason? Obviously I would rather not go through the hassle and money of changing over, but if it is necessary, of course I would.

EDIT: Wrong forum, sorry, Mods can move it please.

You shouldn't have any problems as long as the RH Beads are not saturated completely and allow for the absorption of excess moisture if your RH level goes about 70% RH.

More importantly, which do you like better, the way your cigars smoked at 65% RH or how they smoke at 70% RH? That's the key bro. :thumbs:

Hope this helps
~Mark

I don't use beads, I use the eXquisicat kitty litter pearls in 3 desktops they are 71 degrees right now and 63,64, and 67 % respectively right now, these things work the same as beads for a fraction of the cost

I don't use beads, I use the eXquisicat kitty litter pearls in 3 desktops they are 71 degrees right now and 63,64, and 67 % respectively right now, these things work the same as beads for a fraction of the cost
A saturday night special works the same as a Smith, for a fraction of the cost. I'll take the Smith.

Doc.

A saturday night special works the same as a Smith, for a fraction of the cost. I'll take the Smith.

Doc.

lmao - Me Too!

Doug