• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidity Question

wrath186

Ok, I just read a thread about keeping cigars at 65% relative humidity. Everything that I have read says 70%. What are the benefits of the lower humidity? Wouldn't this dry out the tobacco and make it burn faster?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I keep mine Humidors anywhere between 65% and 70% humidity and they are doing fine. I wouldn't want them above 70% though.

There are many benefits to 65% humidity. Better burn, better draw and better long term aging to name a few. Go with 65%. You won't be sorry :)

You're good either way, anything between 65% and 70% is fine. It all comes down to preference. I personally go with 65% Climmax beads and am very happy with the way my cigars smoke.

Those beads. Are they like Drymistat tubes? Currently I use an Oshkosh humidifier and I find that it will keep things between %65-75 with the average being about 70. Do the beads or tubes provide better stability?

I read through the entire site. Does this product really work better than the oasis foam?