• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor design flaw?

jcritt

I purchased a humidor similar to this one http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDis...cat=10&page=all
from Havana Humidors. It's a beautiful looking box but it has a design flaw. The drawers do not seal. There is a significant space between the drawers which is obviously going to cause humidity issues. Any ideas on how to keep humidity in this thing would be helpful. At this point I haven't even set it up to use yet. I already have an Indulgence humi from CI that is loaded and 1 50 ct and a 40 ct that are pretty much at capacity. I was looking to get this one up and running so I could use the indulgence for more box storage. I am using an Oasis in the 500ct and it works fairly well but I don't think that is the soloution for this problem. Thanks in advance.
Jerry

Its a good looking humidor.

If it doesnt seal correct now. I would return it and get something else. Trying to modify and fix it will never be perfect.I would return it and seek to get another one that looks like that and seals good.

Keeping a humi at the correct temp and humidity is sometimes hard enough. Never mind in something that already has a major leak and flaw.

Of course all new humi's need time to stabilize, but if you've got air gaps around the drawers, it's hard to imagine that would ever be anything but trouble.

I bought my humi from cheaphumidors.com and would get another. Worth a look, IMHO...

Regards - B.B.S.

I have the same humidor, as my thread has already been referenced I would just like to add that my humidor has been rock solid at 67-68% RH for the last 3 weeks. Great humidor, I am thinking about getting another one and stacking them :)

I have one similiar, but its the 250 one, there is a small space but, its rock solid also. No problems here.

I have this one myself. For over a year it has been rock solid. I have just ordered beads, because I like the ease, not because there are any problems with this box.