• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor for the truck?

Truckingtiger

Hey guys...as Im ut on the truck for a month or so at a time, is there any humidor that I can buy that is rugged and can stand being vibrated and bounced a bit? Ill keep it in a padded cabinet, but want to make sure that the movement of the truck wont harm the humidor or the cigars in it.

Can anyone make a suggestion for me on a humidor that I can carry in the truck? Maybe one that holds 50-100 cigars? Im gonna get one for the house (or make on out of a small refrig that I have), but want to carry some gars with me on the road as well.

Ive done some searching and have found this one - http://www.cheaphumidors.com/3540.html but it only holds 15. That may work, because I only smoke about one every other day right now. If you were out for a month at a time, would you choose this one?

thanks for any help!

Send a PM to Josh (that's also his CP screen name). He drove a truck, and I'm pretty sure he had a humi in there.

Depending on how much you want to spend, something like this might be more what you want. http://www.cigarcaddy.com/products_detail.asp?ID=582
Just get one of those, and a small tube of heartfelt beads and you should be good for months at a time.

I've got that 15 stick travel humi you linked. Have had it for 3 months or so and has worked great, survived a few plane trips. But like you mentioned it only holds 15. You can fit a few more if you take out the foam dividers but that takes away some protection obviously.

Wkoti has a 50-ish count travel humidor, rugged Pelican briefcase style. I can't remember the manufacturer, but he's posted some pics of it in the past.

You can get a large travel humidor, kind of like a small briefcase. It will protect your cigars, as they sit on lined foam sheets.

Here's a picture:
HUM-CC40_03.jpg

PM me if you'd like me to get you one of these.

Rod

The guys here are right, you want a Cigar Caddy of a Pelican briefcase style travel humidor. I use the Cigar Caddy myself. They aren't as pretty as the Pelican cases, but durable as hell. Most importantly they due a great job of preserving your cigars and maintaining proper humidity. I believe someone posted a link for 30% of Cigar Caddy's in the Retailer Forum (Link). Give it a look. You can find them on eBay as well. Our host Rod is also a great source as well. Good luck.

You can get a large travel humidor, kind of like a small briefcase. It will protect your cigars, as they sit on lined foam sheets.

Here's a picture:
HUM-CC40_03.jpg

PM me if you'd like me to get you one of these.

Rod

This is what you should go with. I had one similar to this that would hold around 30 cigars.

I'd go with the 50 count cigar caddy case (mine works great). If you're looking for something cheap, though, just get a small cooler or lock & lock tupperware-type container (www.organize.com/lolofostcota1.html). In the end, you just need something that seals.

John

Ronc (a member here) at Cigarsolutions.com sold me a travel case with real nice foam inserts. The thing is awesome. I have hauled cigars all over the place and they don't get damaged. Some of the foam inserts let the cigars bounce against each other, but the trays he has keep them divided. I am very happy with mine! I also got a heartfelt humidity sheet from him too that I just put in the bottom of the case behind the bottom tray, that way it doesn't take up any precious cigar room.

I ended up getting the one that holds 10. Is there anything I need to do special like season it in some way?

I ended up getting the one that holds 10. Is there anything I need to do special like season it in some way?

No. There's no Spanish cedar in it, so you can't season it. Just keep some distilled water on hand to keep the humidity like you want it.

If you drag reefer trailers just keep it in back and they will never get too hot. :D But seriously, in the winter when your floor heat is on I would keep them up off the floor or they will get too hot and not smoke right. Another thing to watch out for is that some states, like Iowa, consider your truck your workplace and the ban on smoking in the workplace covers vehicles. Not sure if the guys at the scales would care but if you get pulled over by a cop, it's best to keep a lit cigar out of sight.

I have a small cooler with a Peltier cooling system in it. It could easily be converted to a temp controlled humi. Here's a couple links.
http://www.roadtrucker.com/temperature-controll-coolers/koolatron-temp-controll-12-volt-coolers.htm
http://www.coleman.com/coleman/ColemanCom/subcategory.asp?CategoryID=8570