• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor mold

bchem

The following is the type of question that proves that I will ALWAYS be a newbie!

Just got back from a Christmas vacation, and as a great gift I got a few humidors! Finally can move away from my tupperdors. (But knowing this site, I will fill them up soon and have to start another tupperdor!)

I need some help, so here's my question: 2 of the humidors were used for several years, and were given to me already seasoned (which makes my life much easier.) However, one of them had a little bit of mold around the humidification device. I have removed the device and wiped the mold off with isoprpyl alcohol. I am ordering my 65% beads from viper tomorrow or tuesday, so I won't have to worry about this crap anymore. Is what I did enough to kill the mold there and should I be ok as long as I don't let the humidity above 65%? I just don't want to transfer the mold to my other cigars. Will post some pictures of the humidors when I get them filled, but for now just want to keep my cigars safe.

Thanks for the help.

***edited to say: I did do a quick search but didn't find too much (other than UV light which seems like a pain in the ass) and want to get this thing up and running before it loses all its humidity. I want to keep it seasoned if possible.