• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor recommendations

rflook

Hi,

I have managed through going through duty free far too often to obtain a rather large collection of cigars. I also seem to have a problem in that i never ever by small packs of three but seem hell bent on buying boxes of 25 (i think i convince myself its better value for money). Now im getting worried that my cigars are going to dry out (unless i smoke lots every day - which i dont play to do). Now at the moment the cigars are in their original boxes but im worried that this isnt going to be enough to guarantee their quality (though some are in aluminium tubes - im hoping this will preserve these ones).

So im think i might need to obtain a humidor - however im not really sure where to start nor how much to spend (in UK by the way). I dont really want to go out and cane a lot of money on one (not rich enough to do that - and the missus would probably kill me). Can anyone recommend a decent budget/mid priced humidor (i reckon i can get away with spending about £150 max).

Oh and if anyone want to make comments on the assumptions i have made in this post these please fire away, im eager to learn.

Many thanks in advance

Try getting a big cooler, some Heartfelt beads, and a couple of hygrometers and setting up a coolidor. It'll work perfectly for storing your boxes and be much cheaper than buying a humidor to store a bunch of boxes of cigars.

If you need help setting up the coolidor or finding out what it is exactly, just check this board. I think there's a sticky thread about them.

Edit: http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=13217 There's the link to the sticky thread. If you search this board, I'm sure you can find a number of threads with actual pictures of coolidors.

Best of luck!

Not sure how many boxes you are talking about, but Setren's statement is accurate. If you have a large number of boxes you would need to get an end table or tower type humidor. A desktop would be a waste as you would almost have if full, if not already.
A cooler is a very inexpensive way to store your cigars. Although you may want a desktop to keep a few of each handy. If you are not interested in a cooler, or want a desktop as mentioned, take a look at my site and see if anything strikes you. I can work with you on most of the prices.

Dave

Here is another option, not mine but I have seen this set up and it kicks ass!! When I outgrow my Avallo and wine frige set ups I will be doing exactly as Jay has done HERE

I just bought the Avallo which is obviously a pricy humidor, but when I saw his set up the gears started turning. The best part, my wife would love the looks of that one. That is another option if the coolers do not fit the bill.

see ya

Mike