• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor Tracker

jcv63

I found I was always looking in my humidor just to look so I created an access database to keep track of my cigars and reviews that I hope to start soon. My only problem is I'm some what new to cigars (2 years or so) and I would like someone with more experience to take a look at it and recommend some improvements. If anyone has Microsoft Access and would like to take a look please PM me.

Thanks,
JCV

I use MS excel, set up my own way, and every so often I email myself a copy in case my PC we ever to be stolen or crash. PM me if you want detals.

I use MS excel, set up my own way, and every so often I email myself a copy in case my PC we ever to be stolen or crash. PM me if you want detals.

Yeah, Excel works fine for me (rather...OpenOffice Spreadsheet because I'm running Linux).

I've also done various spreadsheets on comparing prices of singles and such across various websites. :D

I use stogienotes. I created it for all the reasons you mentioned...but wanted to be able to access it anywhere so I made it an online setup.

Matt has put a lot of effort into his Stogie Notes site. I really like it, nad use it every time I smoke a new cigar. I can not remember if there is a humidor tracker there.....

off to the site to check.

Tim

Edit to add; Well looky there it does have an inventory feature......must update that now.

I tried to do this but when I smoked 10 cigars a day for many months, I found the task to overwhelming to keep up with. Now I am doing something different as I am ordering boxes of cigars I know I enjoy and just keep them incoming so I never run out of them.

Hi guys,

If you want to use the features of Cigar Register but in an online environment, I can also recommend CigarTower.com. You can create your profile on this site and as soon as you do you'll have the option to:

- create a list of your cigar collection with a 3800+ cigar database in the background
- create your wishlist and share it with a direct link (the list items will be links to the cigar profiles)
- keep your ratings and tasting notes with pictures of every smoke in one place on your profile, sharing it with the community
- create any custom lists assembled from the cigar database or custom items (for eg. "My favorite Nicaraguan cigars")
- upload your cigar images and view other cigar lovers' profiles

And the best feature: you can upload all your data from Cigar Register to your profile on CigarTower.com, so you'll never have to leave your cigar life on the home computer again. :cool:

It's also free to use.

Hi guys,

If you want to use the features of Cigar Register but in an online environment, I can also recommend CigarTower.com. You can create your profile on this site and as soon as you do you'll have the option to:

- create a list of your cigar collection with a 3800+ cigar database in the background
- create your wishlist and share it with a direct link (the list items will be links to the cigar profiles)
- keep your ratings and tasting notes with pictures of every smoke in one place on your profile, sharing it with the community
- create any custom lists assembled from the cigar database or custom items (for eg. "My favorite Nicaraguan cigars")
- upload your cigar images and view other cigar lovers' profiles

And the best feature: you can upload all your data from Cigar Register to your profile on CigarTower.com, so you'll never have to leave your cigar life on the home computer again. :cool:

It's also free to use.

Cigar Tower and Register is great but they have to update their cigar list. I had to create a few cigars on the list but no biggie.

Cigar Tower and Register is great but they have to update their cigar list. I had to create a few cigars on the list but no biggie.

You're right, the cigar list always needs updates and the list on CigarTower and in Cigar Register often misses a few important cigars (that you can add as custom items of course). I'm happy to tell you though that recently one of Cigar Register's hardcore fans, Daniel Williams kindly offered us his help in managing this huge cigar database and the effects are already visible.

You're right, the cigar list always needs updates and the list on CigarTower and in Cigar Register often misses a few important cigars (that you can add as custom items of course). I'm happy to tell you though that recently one of Cigar Register's hardcore fans, Daniel Williams kindly offered us his help in managing this huge cigar database and the effects are already visible.

I am guessing Cigar Register will get the updates also?

I am guessing Cigar Register will get the updates also?

Sure, just push synchronize in Cigar Register once in a while (and make sure the cigar database is checked for synchronization) and the new cigars from CigarTower.com will be downloaded to your local database.

At the same time your manually entered custom cigars will also be uploaded so we can learn about cigars that we should enter in the main database. That's how the 4000 people who use Cigar Register regularly help us and each other building a true community-based cigar database.