• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor upgrade

br174

Lifelong Fan
Looking to upgrade my humidor. I have never purchased a box from a website so I don't know which ones are reputable so I'm looking for some help. I had in mind a box that holds between 1200 or 1500 cigars (I know always go bigger) money is an issue( but a box is a necessity) so I want to get the most for my money. Also In my large desktop I run an active humidification system with a separate digital readout so I can adjust accordingly but I read alot about beads on this forum. I'd like to here the pro's and the con's of both systems and suggestions on system for new box.

very nice.. Now if I only had the money to be able to buy something along those lines. :)

Don

Arlen Liss and Bob Staebell are two of the best. If these cabinets are within your price range, you can not go wrong with a cabinet from either of these gentlemen.

I made the investment in a custom Staebell last year with active humidification and cooling, and couldn't be happier. Yes, either of these is an investment but if you want the last humidor you'll ever need to buy, these are the guys you want to be talking to.

....until it fills up. Man, mine sure looked big when it arrived but less than a year later I'm playing cigar box Tetris all over again.... :p

Regards - B.B.S.

Get a big f'ing cooler. For the man on a budget (me :D ), a big cooler is the best way to fly. It can also hold a bunch of beer in a pinch :laugh:

Billy

There is also cheaphumidors
If you scroll down the page you will find some larger models that might be what you are looking for.

That said, if I was looking for a really nice large humidor I would also go to Bob Staebell's Website
He makes the best looking humidors I have seen and gets rave reviews for the quality of his workmanship.

1st it needs to be said that anything more than a coleman cooler and a source of humididty in an INDULGENCE

That said, there are imported cabinets from overseas that a quite affordable and sold almost everywhere on the Internet. Many vendors have fine reputations and can be trusted. Just check at the various Cigar Websites for the experiences of others like yourself.

Next IMO are the 'popularly priced' Cabinets made in the US that are 'manufactured/mass produced' in various sizes and features offering choices within the models offered; typically this are made PRIMARILY of Veneer covered plywood with a small ammount of real wood. They work and for the price are very popular i.e. Avallo & Aristoract

Another option is true CUSTOM cabinetry, offering a combination of features and benefits not available anywhere else

There is a broad range to choose from and my point is to make the best informed choice you can. Do not assume that what you see is what you get! ASK lots of questions and learn

Arlin speaks the truth about educating yourself on the topic. It is like car buying, we all need basic transportation, but that is not what we buy.

I do not own an Arlin humidor, but have come to appreciate the beauty that shows in the pictures of his work.

I do have several coolers still and will always have them as a quick and easy way of having my cake and eating it too.

Arlin,
Very well said. There are tons of choices in many different price ranges. How much you want to spend makes a big difference in what you will be looking at. It sounds like you are looking for more of a formal humidor than the cooler route, but a cooler can be very cost affective.
I do carry a large selection of humidors in all size, you can click the link in my signature or in the sponsors area. If you want to discuss any models or if I can be of any help in your decision, please don't hesitate to reach out to me by PM or email.
If you have any questions that I can help with, you can also call me. Send me a PM and I will give you my number.

Dave

First thing you need to do is set a max budget. Once you know how much you're willing to spend, then find the best humidor in that price range. I've heard a lot of good things about Arlin and Bob. If I had the room I'd buy one of their custom cabinets. Here's a picture of my humidor -

That particular humidor is made overseas (personally I like to support US made products every chance I get). I'm very happy with it, the seal is excellent and overall it's very well constructed.

Good luck in your search...