• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Huntington Beach, CA

caf034

Top Striker
I'm off to Huntington Beach at the end of this month and know nothing of B&M's in the area! If any of you know of any worth checking out, I'd love to hear about it, or maybe share some smokes with someone while I'm there! Thanks all.
Andy

I don't know too much in the immediate area of Huntington Beach. To the northeast you've got Azucar Cigar Lounge (StinkiMonki's place), to the northwest there's a Cohiba lounge by LAX which is cool for mini herfs or The Big Easy way up in Studio City which is cool for small herfs (big selection of Tatuaje). Straight north is Monrovia where we often do our LA herfs at the Doubletree hotel. What are the available dates of your visit? Perhaps we can arrange one while you're in the neighborhood. :thumbs:

Edit to add: A bit south of you is Dana Point Cigars & Wine, another fine B&M a fellow CPer turned me on to.

silgo lounge in new port beach, but your in huntington, the ones matt mentioned are FAR from the beach, just google it up.

silgo lounge in new port beach, but your in huntington, the ones matt mentioned are FAR from the beach, just google it up.
Azucar is far but worth the trip :thumbs: Most of the others mentioned are potential herf spots with myself and perhaps other LA BOTL.

There is one in Huntington beach. It's on Goldenwest just north of mcfadden.
I can't remember the name but I get over there every so often.
Let us know your exact dates maybe we can all arrange a herf!
my contact info is in my profile

Azucar is far but worth the trip :thumbs: Most of the others mentioned are potential herf spots with myself and perhaps other LA BOTL.

well if you drop by on a normal night its pretty much, slow traffic, the redlands humidor is great place, for any time?

Google search brings up Hiland's Cigar, but that seems to be in Westminster.

The Big Easy way up in Studio City which is cool for small herfs (big selection of Tatuaje).
There are other places around the SFV that are better for herfs, and much better for just buying cigars, IMO. I know the LA BOTL's have gotten together at a hotel in Glendale, but I've never been to one ( I should go at some point!). Down the street from there there is a the Brand Cigar Club which is being sold to new owners and/or remodeled. I don't know the status of that place though. A little further in Pasadena is a cool spot I found called Ceniza. It doesn't have the greatest humidor (small selection, higher priced sticks) but they do have ample seating, bunch of leather couches, chairs, and such. Plus they're in the process of installing a full bar. They tell me it should be completed by the summertime.

Just my .02 on the matter.

Google search brings up Hiland's Cigar, but that seems to be in Westminster.

Yes it is Hiland's.

I have been there a couple times and there is a nice lady that works there. I think she is the owner.
Decent prices (except Anejeos)
A couple chairs for sitting and smoking.

If you can get out, the best place is Stinks in Corona for sure.
His place is top notch.

Let us know

We're getting replies here from a few SoCal BOTL I've never seen at herfs. :whistling:

Too busy to meet up with the rest of us? :sign:

Hope to see you all at the next one!

We're getting replies here from a few SoCal BOTL I've never seen at herfs. :whistling:

Too busy to meet up with the rest of us? :sign:

Hope to see you all at the next one!

No shit Matt!
What the heck? Who are all these guys?
Herf in SoCal is in order me thinks.

Bad back, work (unemployed right now), I've planned to but never got around to it. You will see me at some herf sooner or later, I'll try!

i'll be there b/w the 28th of Feb. and the 8th of Mar. Let me know if you get somethin goin guys I'll try and join. i think i may try and head up to tahoe for the weekend of the 6th though :)

28th is a Saturday think you could make it to stinks? It's about a 35 to 45 minute drive with no traffic. Saturdays are usually light traffic.

I promise you stinks will not disappoint!

was checking out these forums when i saw something i could respond to. So i finaly registered.

Hiland's in HB is a nice little place and it is easy to find. right next to Jon's grocery store. The lady is knowegable and has been in the biz for many years. she likes Maduro's (Big Change here ownership has changed and they are in the middle of a remodel now. have not updated stock in awhile. New owners say they will be ready in 2 weeks. unsure if the lady will be back as the new owner said a decision has not been made yet)

Taylors Tobbaco in Long beach. Short drive north on the 405 freeway from HB Good selection. Nice store with a smoking lounge in back room and also in front of store. Again Easy to find as it is next to a pavilions grocery store. Their web addy is http://www.taylorstobacco.com/

Bo's Cigar lounge in Long Beach. I have never been here personaly but i have some friends who swear by it. It is just up the 405 as well. http://www.boknowscigars.com/

If you would rather go south a little you could try Siglo Cigar lounge. They are in newport beach near Jamboree and the 73. i could not find a web address for them. Only been there a couple of times as i tend to stick to north OC/ Long Beach area.

sorry guys not the 28th, it'll be the 1st, and i'll only be in town til the 4th and then off to Tahoe.. if any of you are down though, let me know and i'll see if i can hit up a B&M... will update with status of potential car usage.

I'm new to the CP boards. I'll be Herfing as the come my way. I live down in North County San Diego. I'm in the OC all the time for work. Home office is in HB.

I've been to the Silgo Lounge in Newport Beach a few times. They watch a lot of 1st run movies there. Someone is in SAG. It's very pricey, smokey and clickey, but not too bad. It's a BYOB, which is fine with me.

There is a place, over at the former Block of Orange in Garden Grove, called Cohiba's. It's small but very airy. The prices are ok. The good thing is location. It's around 4 or 5 eateries with micro brews and food. Maybe a 2 min walk to the furthest. You can set on the patio's and smoke, drink and eat. Great when you have an hour or two for relaxing and watching all the talent stroll by.

- KiltLad