• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HVAC/thermostat issue

bluue13

Wondering if anyone might have some insight-

Got a natural gas fired central heating system controlled by a Honeywell Lyric T5 "smart" thermostat.

Just noticed today that twice the thermostat said "heating" and yet the system was not doing so. Tried bumping the temperature up and nothing. Used the app to turn the thermostat to off and then back on again and the heat kicked on. Filter is new, doesn't appear to be any air flow issues (from what little I know).

Lately it has also been saying "No Schedule" on the app when I do in fact have a schedule running.

Any idea what could be causing this? Someone recommended this thermostat to me over the Nest and I'm about ready to throw it out the window and go get the Nest.

Thanks for any help!

With your description it doesn’t sound like anything is wrong with the furnace. Sounds like something is going on with your schedule. Or the stat is missing it at times. I have the same stats but don’t use the schedule but anytime I have had a glitch which hasn’t been many times I simply reset the stat. All you have to do is pull it off to the wall plate wait 5 seconds and then plug it back it. That will reset the stat but you shouldn’t lose your settings.

Good luck!

I have a Honeywell smart stat....they've been trying to get me to sign up to their energy program where they override my setpoints to save electricity.
You didn't sign up for that did you?

I have a Honeywell smart stat....they've been trying to get me to sign up to their energy program where they override my setpoints to save electricity.
You didn't sign up for that did you?
No, thankfully.