• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I Am Approaching 30 Days Of Good Judgement

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
I recently visited the suggested cigar shop in my new area, Addison Cigar in Addison, TX. The helpful gentleman behind the shop counter suggested that I get rid of my hygrometer, despite the fact that it was a digital Credo (fairly expensive and I am assuming it was effective). Well, I took his advice and moved it out of my beloved humidor.

I have never been more pleased with my cigars.

Now I go for the "silk tie" feel on my cigars and judge their readiness with my nose and fingers. I no longer am a slave to the emotionless digital readout of the numbers-obsessed hygrometer!

Anyone else had sucess with this?

I use it more as of a safety device...I judge by the way my cigars smoke and feel. Some smoke better wetter, some better drier.

Emo

Feel is the key. Think about how much we depend on numbers in today's society. We don't want to know if someone will be back shortly, we want to know how many minutes. We don't want to know if it is far or short to the green on the golf course, we want to know how many yards. We don't want to know if it is jacket weather outside, we want to know the high, low, and current temperature for an entire day.

I am loving simplicity. I need to focus on adding more of it to my life. It seems to be instrumental in being content.

I have gotten rid of all my hygrometers, except for one. I keep that around to just do a periodic check on temperature in my humidors and coolers. Since I've pretty much have switched to the Climmax beads (unabashed ad for Vern, LOL) I don't worry about humidity. :thumbs:

I'm way too paranoid to leave mine without the digi... I keep my cigars in the coolest room in my apartment (computer room), but that still rises sometimes to 72-73 degrees, and then the hunidity goes up... I'm tempted to try out the beads that you guys rave aboot, but I just made a brick for my new humi (120 count box, glass top).

After the last little scare with my old box, I'm not ready to give up my digi just yet :(