• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

i am back !after 4 mon in cubawith ,many stories

i have been gone for 4 months
who have you guys been picking on?? must have been pertty boring without me around
i am a new man have been wareing a hair shirt for three months for all of my past sins and am now a born agan cigar guy!!!!!!!!!!!!

what do you want to know about cuba and the cigar business there?? for get that most will not believe what i have to say..........

i atended the 2006 cigar festable and even found and smokeed a couple of behike
the 2006 pig tail monster that is only found in the 15.000 - 18,000 40th coh anniversity humidors at only 40 to a box .......that would make it a 400 - 500 $ cigar, if some of you are nice to me i may even send out a stick or two

by the why my spelling as not improved...............so what i do not care!

any why feed it to me and i will fend off all atttacks

I would love to go there!!
How did you like those high end smokes,what was your interpetation of the profile?

No thanks, you guys must be on the bad list, Doug only sends me real Cubans.... they aren't what the bands say, but they ARE Cubans.... :) Last year one of them that he sent me for vacation was actually pretty darn good......
matt that was misleading, those cigars were hand made with aspecial dark fermited blend the bands were only to identify the types or violoas
and i id them as counterfit based on the bands there is no coh robustos or esplendios thst is that dark as, with hoy d c and part salomon. but i think the greatest is the "flying pig" or "fat pig" with its lg robustos and 60 ring size.
i know you will enjoy them.

No thanks, you guys must be on the bad list, Doug only sends me real Cubans.... they aren't what the bands say, but they ARE Cubans.... :) Last year one of them that he sent me for vacation was actually pretty darn good......
matt that was misleading, those cigars were hand made with aspecial dark fermited blend the bands were only to identify the types or violoas
and i id them as counterfit based on the bands there is no coh robustos or esplendios thst is that dark as, with hoy d c and part salomon. but i think the greatest is the "flying pig" or "fat pig" with its lg robustos and 60 ring size.

Or, to clarify,

ase ';flcjmiwer ;crhj fasejr cf;jaw f;wrejc fawer votg ca;wekrjtc .m,sd cawe rjknbct f.asekrmnb cfq;werh ;cmfnx wear vlhjk lahr fgqr urh;gfksjdb v'alern fvar

Hope that helps.

i have been gone for 4 months
who have you guys been picking on?? must have been pertty boring without me around
i am a new man have been wareing a hair shirt for three months for all of my past sins and am now a born agan cigar guy!!!!!!!!!!!!

what do you want to know about cuba and the cigar business there?? for get that most will not believe what i have to say..........

i atended the 2006 cigar festable and even found and smokeed a couple of behike
the 2006 pig tail monster that is only found in the 15.000 - 18,000 40th coh anniversity humidors at only 40 to a box .......that would make it a 400 - 500 $ cigar, if some of you are nice to me i may even send out a stick or two

by the why my spelling as not improved...............so what i do not care!

any why feed it to me and i will fend off all atttacks

I would love to go there!!
How did you like those high end smokes,what was your interpetation of the profile?

Cuba i think is the most unique place in the world and in my days i have traveled much of it. The people are wonderful and would do anything for you,clean they have a street sweeper for every square block in havana. if you do not have a job they put a broom in your hands (we should try that in the u s a)

yes its a excellent smoke and not that high end in cuba

Not misleading, Doug, as I was referring to the cigars that you sent me last year. The ones I just received look very nice and smell very nice. I find it very disheartening that anyone rolling a "custom" cigar, would band it with a current production band, even if they are doing it to identify a similar blend. The salamones is rolled very nicely though and as I've had a substantial number of Partagas salamones over the years, I will be able to compare them quite well, I would think. I would re-think the "flying pig", as it is the name of a past production cigar. The H. Upmann Seleccion Suprema #22 was also called the flying pig. This one looks very nice and I will enjoy sampling it. One thing to pass along to the roller, or Mr. Lloyd, would be that the caps need some work. They are not applied very well and make the cigar look as though it was not rolled professionally. I'll write up a review after I get back from vacation. Thanks!

Not misleading, Doug, as I was referring to the cigars that you sent me last year. The ones I just received look very nice and smell very nice. I find it very disheartening that anyone rolling a "custom" cigar, would band it with a current production band, even if they are doing it to identify a similar blend. The salamones is rolled very nicely though and as I've had a substantial number of Partagas salamones over the years, I will be able to compare them quite well, I would think. I would re-think the "flying pig", as it is the name of a past production cigar. The H. Upmann Seleccion Suprema #22 was also called the flying pig. This one looks very nice and I will enjoy sampling it. One thing to pass along to the roller, or Mr. Lloyd, would be that the caps need some work. They are not applied very well and make the cigar look as though it was not rolled professionally. I'll write up a review after I get back from vacation. Thanks!

your right on the roller have a new already lined up, my friend at the part factory said he would be on the street in less then an hour if he was there. how about the "fat pig"??? with the pig tail cap it has to be a pig something
most of these were roll on the plantations and they do thing a little diff and not as professional as the havana factories

Not sure what to call it, but it is an interesting cigar, the fat "pig".

I smoked the robusto (with the Cohiba band on it), on my way home tonight. That is a VERY strong cigar, but well made. I don't smoke a lot of strong cigars, as it's not to my taste, usually. This one was very young tasting and I repeat VERY strong. Kind of one-dimensional and it made me a bit dizzy, as I had not eaten and did not have anything to drink alongside of it. I'm not familiar with the blend, but it wasn't anything like the Cohibas I'm used to. It was Cuban leaf, though, in my opinion, a bit too young. I'm sure the folks with a yen for a strong cigar would like it, but it didn't really hold my interest too much, though I did smoke the entire cigar. Maybe with some age on it, it would mellow out to something I may enjoy, but as I am unfamiliar with much of the last few years Havanas, I can't say for sure. Aside from the cap being a bit ugly, the cigar was well-made though. It reminded me a little bit of the robustos I had from the Robaina farm, though not quite as smooth......

Not sure what to call it, but it is an interesting cigar, the fat "pig".

I smoked the robusto (with the Cohiba band on it), on my way home tonight. That is a VERY strong cigar, but well made. I don't smoke a lot of strong cigars, as it's not to my taste, usually. This one was very young tasting and I repeat VERY strong. Kind of one-dimensional and it made me a bit dizzy, as I had not eaten and did not have anything to drink alongside of it. I'm not familiar with the blend, but it wasn't anything like the Cohibas I'm used to. It was Cuban leaf, though, in my opinion, a bit too young. I'm sure the folks with a yen for a strong cigar would like it, but it didn't really hold my interest too much, though I did smoke the entire cigar. Maybe with some age on it, it would mellow out to something I may enjoy, but as I am unfamiliar with much of the last few years Havanas, I can't say for sure. Aside from the cap being a bit ugly, the cigar was well-made though. It reminded me a little bit of the robustos I had from the Robaina farm, though not quite as smooth......
you are right on the robutos are very strong but i have a coh robusto friend that gave it a 9.9 he says nothing gets a 10. and this guy has been smoking only coh rob for 25 years. but remember it is not a true coh rob they took the same 3 part blend and over fermented to higher internal degree to get the darker color which i am sure impacted the taste-
for those following this stringt fermentation is very simular to doing a compost pile for your garden the wetter and more dense the hotter the internal temp can become.with tobacoo leaves this is watched very carefully as it can easily destroy an entire bundle were talking about 3' X 4 X 6 entough to make several thousand sticks

i think when you get into the salamon and dc you will find thery are much more mild with a lot of flavor

WARNING THESE ARE COUNTERFIT and my ins carrier will take no responsibltiy for any health problems you may in counte
and in no case do not smoke them if you are pragnet.
man this damn new braille key board is really screwing my spelling up

Cuba i think is the most unique place in the world and in my days i have traveled much of it. The people are wonderful and would do anything for you,clean they have a street sweeper for every square block in havana. if you do not have a job they put a broom in your hands (we should try that in the u s a)

yes its a excellent smoke and not that high end in cuba

They do that in Grand Caymans so I hear.
You have to work to live there or something like that. :)

WARNING THIS MAY CONTAIN SPELLING ERROR LACK CAPITAL LETTERS SOME ILLOGICAL THOUGHT PROCESS.....IF THIS OFEND PLEASE DO NOT READ

So we have this small dog a jack Russell, basil who thinks she is a Doberman pincher. She has had a bladder problem which our state side vet has diagnosed as bladder stones and was giving us medication to dissolve them. In Cuba it got worse and worse she couldn't go five feet with out stopping to try and pee. My best friend in Cuba is a thorasic surgeon one of the best in Cuba; he said some thing has to be done

the next day he call and we drove to a special vet clinic run by the minister of interior where they treat the drug dogs and police dogs in Havana, a beautiful place. it was currently closed for some reason but still fully staffed and only one little dust mop type dog who bit through an extension cord and was there for observation, anyway the vet examined basil and took blood samples and then x-rayed her. They there discovered 2 large stones in her bladder the size of ping pong balls and one was oval acting like a cork in her urinary track. They wanted to operate right away but Dr. Gilberto would have none of that. he later told the vet was to young and only had 10 of experience, he wanted to check around, oh by the way they would not except a cent for the exam, I told them I would try to find some vet equip and supplies on my next trip, anyone with a source please contact me

Two days later he called and had me pick him up and this anesthesiologist a 72yr old doctor that was the only one Gilberto would trust for his patients. We went to a private vet who had her clinic in her converted garage very nice place corner lot with high hedges all around and a great garden. Basil was put to sleep with constant monitoring, the vet cut her open and removed the stones and Gilberto did all the suturing. Here was our dog with two human Dr and a Veterinarian, believe me Fidel would not have been given better care

as we were about to leave I asked Gilberto what I owed and he said she charges $10 and he said I should give her 20 ,hell I gave her 40 then gave the other Dr 20 which equaled his monthly salary. It was a great experience. and basil who is 10 years old and is like a new dog...

Edited by Micrsoft spell check/ Cut and Pasted by my daughter

:shaking head: Some people just never learn, but they do provide us entertainment. If it's only watching everyone blast them.

On a brighter note, If it's ever legal to visit there, it is on my "places to go" list.

I learned another interesting thing in Cuba this winter, spotting fakes from Habanos Web Sites. In the factory after they have boxed the cigars in the flat decorated boxes, they then put the decorations ,stamps ect on the boxes. if you look closely on the hinge lid at the top of the box a thin strip of the box decoraton runs around the box. When the lid is open the two hinge sides tear less then a half inch on most boxes. On your next order ask that the box not be opened and see if the band is not broken if it is and the stamps and seals are intack the box has been open after it left the factory.

I have never seen this discussed on any web site has anyone else???I will try to post a picture of what i mean cause i am sure this is confusing, but informative or maybe its something everyone else knows but me. This is only true on the flat decorated boxes not the wooden ones

Hey! That was almost coherent so what have you done with our vitasea?

WARNING THIS MAY CONTAIN SPELLING ERROR LACK CAPITAL LETTERS SOME ILLOGICAL THOUGHT PROCESS.....IF THIS OFEND PLEASE DO NOT READ

By just giving a warning does that make it RIGHT? Just like the cigars which are not really Habanos, but have a Habanos label?MMMMM Let's see.....I'm going to call Anthony an asshole, but I really don't mean it and don't read it....does that make it right? :whistling:

Back