• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I am trying to find the positives...

Terribly sorry to hear you lost your job, however it sounds like it may have been a good thing in a way. Nothing worse than working for someone you can't stand. I wish you the best of luck in finding something better Jon!

Sorry to hear this, but it sounds like your approaching it correctly. Enjoy your family and I'm sure something better will open up for you very soon.

Sorry to hear Jon. Good luck on the job search. These situations tend to work out for the better.

Sorry to hear this, but you'll find something that will fit better. Good luck with your search.

Sorry to hear this news, but you will end up better for it even though it might not seem like it now. One of the worst positions (IMHO) that someone can be in, is to have to go to work. Everyone should get to go to work. It is a terrible thing to dread Monday morning because of a job or boss you are not happy with.

Good luck,

Ken

Sorry to hear that Jon. Enjoy the time with your son and wife.

JHawk,
Best of luck to you in any new job or venture you set out to explore. Enjoy those days being with your recuperating wife and child. You'll never get those days back and its always better to give your best at home than for a manipulative f&$k of a boss who only cares about their own careers!

Best of luck to you!
Darren

I'm sorry to hear of your hardship, Jon. All the best to you in your search. This will lead to something better for you and your family. Hang in there! :)

Jon, sorry to hear the bad news. Its great that you have a glass-half-full attitude. It'll carry you through life with a smile! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Tony

Good luck JHawk.
Losing a job always sucks.
This economy makes finding a new one more challenging.

I hope this turns into a better oppertunity for you.
Working with a boss that dislikes you is never a good situation.

Thanks for all the kind words! It was actually a relief not getting up to go work for that place today. I am confident it will all work out for the best. :thumbs:

Sorry to hear about that. Smoke something you enjoy!

Things happen for a reason. Good luck with the job search.

Andrew

Sorry to hear Jon. Keep your head up though as everything usually works at for the better :thumbs:

I am sorry to hear of your job loss try to enjoy the time off.....

I lost my job of 10 years and it was tough but I am making more and have 2 jobs I like now Hopefully it will work out as well for you.

Jay: Everything will work out in the end, I promise you that. I lost my job with my previous employer after several years, and ended up with a MUCH MUCH better company. I make less, but my overall employment is better, benefits, schedule, etc. Everything happens for a reason.

Well, after 8+ years with the company and 5 1/2 in my current position, I lost my job today. Basically, my supervisor decided she didn't want me around any more and just kept at it till she finally "won" But, I received a month of severance pay AND the knowledge that I don't have to work for that *&%#$ any longer!

I can spend more time with my 1 year old son and my wife, who is home recovering from surgery. So that is a plus. I have a few options that I will explore starting in the near future, so wish me luck!

Update -- I received a six page document in the mail on Saturday (five days after they termintated me). Among other things, it states that in order to receive my severance pay, I can't get a job with any other bank or financial institution for two years. Since my only job experience since moving to KC in 1995 is retail for 2 years then banking for almost 12 years -- that doesn't really leave me many options. I have a feeling this is going to get ugly for them!