• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I&C-01 Mystery Maduro (6x52?)

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
First in the review series, gifted by @xyz123 who promised to tell me what this is once it was smoked.
1/3: Very maduro. Chocolate, espresso and nuts. Very flaky ash but tasty. Some spiciness towards the end of this third.
2/3: Mexican hot chocolate.
3/3: Mesquite and cacao. There is some faint ripe banana-ness on the retrohale as I bring this to an end.

I don't know what this is or was, but it was delicious. What is it?
B13EC15F-0163-49FF-9F25-92A84EB4289C.jpeg

First in the review series, gifted by @xyz123 who promised to tell me what this is once it was smoked.
1/3: Very maduro. Chocolate, espresso and nuts. Very flaky ash but tasty. Some spiciness towards the end of this third.
2/3: Mexican hot chocolate.
3/3: Mesquite and cacao. There is some faint ripe banana-ness on the retrohale as I bring this to an end.

I don't know what this is or was, but it was delicious. What is it?
View attachment 64360

I sent one to Nate too (@Acclaym). I didn't know you'd get to yours so fast. So I can pm you what it is, leaving the thread in a temp lurch, until Nate smokes his. Or, if he doesn't mind, I can spill the beans here. OR, if he can get to it as his next stick, then I can come back here and say.

I'll say this, you're right it's a maduro! I'll also say this, now with you 2, only 7 people on earth have had it.

Let's see what Nate says. I didn't plan for a thread started on it! 😂

ETA: Nate was my ss "kid" and why he got one. Don't want anyone thinking I'm playing faves!

Okay @xyz123 , spill it. What was the Mystery Maduro?

Yeah.. been trying to find the pics that go with it. I am drowning in unorganized media.. every pic or vid taken just goes right to the cloud automatically. Anyway, if you didn't gather by the somewhat shoddiness of the roll, that is one of 27 of that blend that I rolled during height of covid.

*** SPOILER ALERT!! ***

Nate @Acclaym, stop reading now if you want to go into yours with a blank slate. Ok then..

So, twas July 16-18, 2020, to be exact. I got 26, half robusto, half toro.. my mold accommodates both (especially as I only have one!). And I had just enough blend left to eek out a corona... ok, petite corona (think spliff!). 😁

And yes, it's very maduro... Mexican San Andres wrapper with a Brazilian Mata Fina binder. The bunch is 2/3 Dominican (piloto cubano) and a 1/3 Nicaraguan Ometepe ligero (Criollo 98 seed). Some are single-capped, and some required a 2nd.. not sure what you and Nate got. I rolled a total of 5 different blends that summer and fall.. this was my try at a double maduro.

Here's some of the "beef jerky" I used (my then gf thought that's what it was at first!).

IMG953672-1.jpg

IMG953673.jpg

IMG952975-1.jpg

I used my chaveta, table cutter, and molds that I bought from a charity event that was held by AF's Opus curing barns. Proceeds helped the same breast cancer organization that the Pinks profits goes to. I may have paid way more than a rolling kit goes for, but it went to a great cause.

image6.jpeg.jpg

image7.jpeg.jpg

I have a bunch more pics of the rolling process somewhere. Including my failed rolls.. which are hilarious and the ones I'm trying to find. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it and if some flakiness was the worst of it, that's good news!

How was the rest of the burn? Please don't sugarcoat even a little.. I get enough of that here locally and need solid feedback from people who know what they're talking about.. Lol. Thanks! 👍

Yeah.. been trying to find the pics that go with it. I am drowning in unorganized media.. every pic or vid taken just goes right to the cloud automatically. Anyway, if you didn't gather by the somewhat shoddiness of the roll, that is one of 27 of that blend that I rolled during height of covid.

*** SPOILER ALERT!! ***

Nate @Acclaym, stop reading now if you want to go into yours with a blank slate. Ok then..

So, twas July 16-18, 2020, to be exact. I got 26, half robusto, half toro.. my mold accommodates both (especially as I only have one!). And I had just enough blend left to eek out a corona... ok, petite corona (think spliff!). 😁

And yes, it's very maduro... Mexican San Andres wrapper with a Brazilian Mata Fina binder. The bunch is 2/3 Dominican (piloto cubano) and a 1/3 Nicaraguan Ometepe ligero (Criollo 98 seed). Some are single-capped, and some required a 2nd.. not sure what you and Nate got. I rolled a total of 5 different blends that summer and fall.. this was my try at a double maduro.

Here's some of the "beef jerky" I used (my then gf thought that's what it was at first!).

View attachment 64435

View attachment 64437

View attachment 64438

I used my chaveta, table cutter, and molds that I bought from a charity event that was held by AF's Opus curing barns. Proceeds helped the same breast cancer organization that the Pinks profits goes to. I may have paid way more than a rolling kit goes for, but it went to a great cause.

View attachment 64441

View attachment 64442

I have a bunch more pics of the rolling process somewhere. Including my failed rolls.. which are hilarious and the ones I'm trying to find. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it and if some flakiness was the worst of it, that's good news!

How was the rest of the burn? Please don't sugarcoat even a little.. I get enough of that here locally and need solid feedback from people who know what they're talking about.. Lol. Thanks! 👍
Wow, very cool. The burn was good. The flakiness was the worst of it. How many cigars have you tried to roll before you made this batch? What is the learning curve like?

*** SPOILER ALERT!! ***

View attachment 64435

View attachment 64437

View attachment 64438

View attachment 64441

View attachment 64442

That blend sounds excellent, I love me some Mexican San Andres wrapper