• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I finally got the pipe working

dk_ace

Gunsandcigars88 came down tonight, and after a trip to the B&M he showed me how to properly pack and light the thing. My problem was insufficient lighting. I was convinced that my problem was the packing, but I just wasn't lighting it thoroughly.

The tobacco wasn't helping. The stuff I had was too wet. While at the B&M, we were looking at the pipe tobacco. They had tons of house blends, and towards the end of the line he spotted something we hadn't seen before - Dunhill Nightcap. It was in a jar with a label just like all the house blends (which there are plenty of), so you wouldn't notice it there unless you were reading all the labels. We decided to pick some up, and now I know what the pipe is about. It was a totally different experience than cigars, but thoroughly enjoyable. I found it far more relaxing than cigars, but I don't think they can really be compared.

I'll still be smoking the cigars, but the pipe will be a great change of pace now that I know what I'm doing.

D

Congratulations.

I remember when it all just 'clicked' for me. It's a great feeling to finally become somewhat proficient at something that one has struggled with for some time.

It is different than cigars, for sure. I'd say it was better if I didn't think saying that would get me banned. ;) :laugh:

Enjoy!

I'd agree that its a more relaxing. I find it more of a solitary thing as well.

Pipe smoking is a careful process though. Lighting is VERY important, but so is the cadence to draws which keeps it all lit, but not too hot.