• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I hate cellophane

slowhand

OK, not really. But got a new box of the Pepin Black Toro in and they are now in cellophane. That sucks yo. I like my stick nude. I mean sticks :whistling:

Sure hope it is not a trend that will make its way into the Tat lines.

I like cello.

Keeps humidty swings a bit better and protects sticks from wrapper damage when I'm fumbling through my collection.

Pepin in cello...that's a first.

Sooooo......should you keep the cello on or take it off ???

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cello on, cello off; let's discuss........ :sign:

I can confirm both; I just bought a box of DP black label "Perla" for a quick smoke, and thanks to Al, a box of El Centurions which also came in cello.

I'm with rectifythis on this one; I almost prefer cello as it helps keep the wrappers from damaging each other. I don't think it matters squat when it comes to aging, humidifying, etc. though it probably has a slight (and I do mean slight) buffering action.

Either way, the smokes are fantastic so who cares..... :thumbs:

Cheers - B.B.S.

I prefer no cello, that way the cigars in the box marry together and become richer in taste.

In this case, I am all in favor of cello. Most of the boxes of DP cigars I have recieved contained damaged sticks as a result of the box being slightly too big for the contents. Cello, should correct that problem.

It would seem to me that if the cellophane was "bad" for the cigars in any way whatsoever, the manufacturer wouldn't put it on.... I like cellophane's protective qualities. What's to discuss?

Cello on, cello off; let's discuss........ :sign:

I can confirm both; I just bought a box of DP black label "Perla" for a quick smoke, and thanks to Al, a box of El Centurions which also came in cello.

I'm with rectifythis on this one; I almost prefer cello as it helps keep the wrappers from damaging each other. I don't think it matters squat when it comes to aging, humidifying, etc. though it probably has a slight (and I do mean slight) buffering action.

Either way, the smokes are fantastic so who cares..... :thumbs:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Well I didn't REALLY mean to get us headed down this road, but now that I saw what you wrote, I guess I kinda agree. Only example I have of "buffering" is from a couple months ago. Wife was cleaning around the humidor, and found a Hemingway Signature Maduro on the floor in the cellophane. Obviously, I don't remember dropping it, so I have no idea how long it was out of the humidor, but It had to be at least 3 weeks or so. We had our A/C on the whole time, so I know it was dry in our apartment. I threw it in my humi as soon as she found it and let it sit only for a week or so at 65%. I figured it'd probably bone dry anyways, so I lit it up without letting it fully recoup in the humidor. It smoked fine IMHO. It wasn't the absolute best Hemi Maduro I've had, the flavors were there, just a bit more subdued, but that could have been for a number of reasons, mainly that it was hazy, hot, and humid all day, and the night just got more humid by the hour. I tend to not enjoy cigars as much during that kind of weather, but I think the cello probably did help out the cigar some by preventing it from becoming completely bone dry and unsmokable.

That said, no matter if the cigar comes with cello or not, I think it's best to not let cigars (especially harder to find cigars!) roll behind the humidor and sit out for any period of time! :laugh:

I kinda like cello. It protects things, regulates humidity to some degree, and some have suggested that it may be helpful in slowing the aging process.

I've never bought very heavily into the "marrying" idea - same tobacco in each cigar and whatnot (be interesting to get Wilkey's take on this). What cello might impede in this regard is some of whatever the cedar boxes impart to the cigars.

JMO

OK, not really. But got a new box of the Pepin Black Toro in and they are now in cellophane. That sucks yo. I like my stick nude. I mean sticks :whistling:

Sure hope it is not a trend that will make its way into the Tat lines.

Well it's better to have the cello on and want to take it off, then wanting cello and getting a box with no cello. You have the option of removing all that cello yourself and voila, your sticks are nude!

I like cello on my cigars so much that I wrap each naked cigar I get with cellophane tape. This protects the wrapper and provides a nice buffering. I can't believe no one else does this?

;)

I do really prefer to have cello on my sticks. In fact, that had been the only thing keeping me from buying DPG by the box. Since this should eliminate the damage I've so often heard about, I'm all for it and I think I'll order a box!

I never had any damage to the Pepins and I go thru a lot of them.

And this is the gayest, I mean greatest, thread ever. Whomever started should be ashamed of themselves.

I leave them on or put them into baggies when traveling. (thanks to a great suggestion from a fellow botl)

Off for long time storage in a cooler that has little movement and limited chances for stick damage.

Cello ON...definately!!! No wrapper damage and controls humidity swings better.

Cello is for wimps, get tubos, the ultimate cigar protection.

Although the cellophane can double as a condom (that is presuming the phallus is of thin girth). :sign: