• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I hate the mail...

bchem

I used to love getting mail. I would often be waiting in anticipation for some cigars. Maybe an order from Cbid that I forgot about, a 5er from a brother here on CP, the occasional bomb from one of you bastids, etc., etc. Well most all of that came to a screeching halt about 6 months ago. With the upcoming wedding (this Saturday 9/2 actually!) the future wife starting keeping strict track of all our (aka "her") money. I was even getting caught trying to sneak in a 5 pack on the credit card! She was like a blood hound for anything/everything cigar related. I could handle that...I understood that, a wedding is a big deal right?

Then, we start getting closer, and checking the mail became even less fun. Not only did I KNOW that there wouldn't be any cigar orders coming in, but I could also count on getting excited over a box addressed to me, only to have that excitment doused with the harsh realization that it was merely a wedding present for "us." Normally something gay like sheets, bath towels, kitchen towels with wine bottles all over them....you get my drift. I know that those presents are for "her," not "us!" (None of this would have happened if she'd have let me register at Cabelas and Holt's! Oh, well.)

So in all my bitching about floral patterns and reading sappy wedding cards, I totally wasn't expecting anything different today.

Just like usual, I get get a package in the mail, didn't give it a second look...figured I'd let her open yet another present of "ours." From across the room, she pulls out a sheet of paper and looks at me crosseyed...I ask her who it's from. She says, "I don't know, all it says, in big bold letters is 'BOOM'." My instincts quickly come back to me and I scream at her to hit the deck!!!!

I was pretty pissed at first because she is crying (something about how can she get married with a bald spot on her head from some bomb) the cats are hanging from the ceiling fan, and I had a hell of a mess to clean up. But then I saw the beauty of it all. No, not the cigars, I'll get to that in a second! Hold your horses! The beauty of it all is that all of our gay floral pattern sheets are charred, the stupid kitchen towels are shredded, and all the fruity smelly candles and fragrances have been completely vaporized!!!! "HELL YEAH" I say under my breath. The only things untouched by the destruction was an amazing selection of cigars most of which I have never tried, and a bottle of Knob Creek.

I am now headed out back (through what used to be a door, but is now a gaping hole) to drink a shit load of Knob Creek (so that I can still say "I do" this Saturday to a half bald bride) and enjoy a fine smoke sent to me out of the blue from a great brother Mrepp!

Dude, I don't know where that came from or what I did to deserve that, but thanks buddy. Much appreciated. Will be taking a couple with me for the wedding celebrations this weekend, but will be in touch to get some help with a couple sticks when I get back.

If you made it this far, I apologize for the long read, but it gave me something to take my mind off of the big day for a bit! Won't be on very much until after the wedding, so I'll see you all around.

Thanks again to Mrepp, for a great surprise, and again to George who also recently gave me some stellar smokes to enjoy on my big day. Don't know what I'm more excited about, the wedding, or smoking some of the cigars you two fockers hit me with! Thanks again!

:thumbs:

Herf at your place Sunday?

Haha! My place isn't big enough for me, Krista, and all the crap we have, and we'll be in California until next week. That's where the wedding is. But I am definitely thinking of organizing one sometime after the wedding. Hopefully a bunch of us can meet up soon though. :D

Great story :) thanks!

Nice play from George and Mrepp. Pity about the sheets but what the hell,
what's more important, sheets or smokes :whistling:

Brian

I was gonna send you something too, but I didn't have your address on file. Oh well. :)

Haha! My place isn't big enough for me, Krista, and all the crap we have, and we'll be in California until next week. That's where the wedding is. But I am definitely thinking of organizing one sometime after the wedding. Hopefully a bunch of us can meet up soon though. :D

See...HERF at your place! :D

Nice play, M!

Nicely done! Enjoy the sticks! That Mark is a swell guy... :love:

Brandon

I was gonna send you something too, but I didn't have your address on file. Oh well. :)

Damnit!!! Haha! A moki bomb would be something else, but I'm not too fond of having my name and address come up on google. Wasn't something that I appreciated, hence the removal of my address. It shouldn't be too hard to find it if you ask around. :p I was going to send you something as well, but I didn't see your address in your profile ;) ...that and if I sent you something, I'm not sure if it would even be worthy enough to make "tobbacocino" out of it!!! :laugh:

FYI, this will likely be my LAST post on this forum as a "free" man! Wish me luck!

:thumbs:

Hope you enjoy them Matt,and best wishes come Sat.

-Mark