• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I have a real problem with cigar stores

Lumberg

Opus Lover
After buying cigars from SEVERAL sites both on-line and in person, I have a real problem with the way these freakin' people store their cigars.

I mean they are so wet you're lucky to get more than 1/2 way through without having to either puff furiously to keep the cigars lit or re-light.

I'm not talking about dog rockets here either. I'm talking about Opus X and premium cigars.

I like the idea of being able to walk into a shop and buy a cigar and smoke it right there while chatting and mayeb watching some TV, but I have become severely disenchanted with the prospect because the damn cigars so so ****1ng WET!

:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :(

If your on-line cigars are too wet, that shouldn't be much of a problem, because they need to rest prior to smoking, anyway. If your cigar shop's humidor is too wet, and you are sure you know what you are talking about, let the owner know. After all, those cigars are his or her livelihood and it is in his or her best interest to keep you happy.

Lumberg said:
I'm not talking about dog rockets here either. I'm talking about Opus X and premium cigars.
Opus X DO NOT smoke well straight outta the cigar store(atleast in my neck of the woods). You need to treat Opus like isoms and get them to around 65%. I know this through experience and have also had conversation with the Fuente regional rep here in the Midwest about just that issue. He told me flat out that all his retailers store their product at too high of a humidity and that Opus X smoke much better at a lower level. I went through alot of burn issues with Opus early on...and have been down the road you're on. If you find select smokes that are smoking poorly outta your retailers humi...just let them settle at your preferred settings before smoking. :)

Yep! My Opus stay in a seperate desktop, at 62-64%. They smoke gooda!!

Our shop has the humidity just right as far as everything else goes. I haven't had much of a problem lighting up anything I bought in there. :D

Our shop's humidor usually runs at 67 percent. I have a locker in the humidor and none of the cigars in the locker or ones that I smoke from the main humidor smoke fine.

Lumberg said:
After buying cigars from SEVERAL sites both on-line and in person, I have a real problem with the way these freakin' people store their cigars.

I mean they are so wet you're lucky to get more than 1/2 way through without having to either puff furiously to keep the cigars lit or re-light.

I like the idea of being able to walk into a shop and buy a cigar and smoke it right there while chatting and mayeb watching some TV, but I have become severely disenchanted with the prospect because the damn cigars so so ****1ng WET!

:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :(
Many times online shops will intentionally keep higher humidities to prevent dying out during shipping.

i find most smoke shops way overhumidify there smokes...only one were i buy regularly and i just take my own to smoke and buy a few to take home.i can humidify my smokes better than any store.(63% to 66% but thats a personal thing)

i think that the humidifiers are set correctly its just the doors to the walk in are opened so often...and opened just enough to start the humidifier going then the door gets closed and the humi shoots way past 65%.

derrek :)

That's cause you haven't ben to my store yet. Our whole store is one giant 2300 sq.ft. humidor! We keep it at 67% in there. I've never had a problem smoking anything off the shelf. The other places try to "re-create" the tobacco's growing conditions.

nowadays I mostly buy online and try to have some stuff saved up and rested that I am smoking soon. works well.