• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I just had an ASTON? Help?

wicked stick

WHAT THE HELL!!!
I am still kinda new to this board but I was wondering about Some Help here.
I just smoked an ASHTON cabinet VSG never had one before, My freind at work gave it to me for my Bday his week so I smoked it very smoky was wondering what I should have tasted in it? I am used to hoya de mon... and AF cigars mid with some good flavor. this one ( ashton ) has alot of smoke and well alot of wood taste to it. took about 2 inches to get flavor? Is that what I am to expect from this company? ???

I'm not a big Ashton fan. "Woodiness"? I suppose but since my taste buds are pretty shot, I can't remember if I ever tasted that or not.

They're considered a medium bodied cigar. Here's what CigarsInternational says:
Ashton Cabinet utilizes 4-5 year old Dominican fillers comprised of a minimum of 6 different tobaccos to create a rich, complex flavor that's smooth and creamy, with a hearty finish.

Also, here's what Famous-Smoke says about these:
Ashton Cabinet Selection cigars are handcrafted exclusively by the master blenders at Arturo Fuente Cigars. These luxurious, mild to medium-bodied cigars are aged to perfection with a select blend of 4-5 year-aged, rich-tasting Dominican tobaccos surrounded by golden Connecticut shade-grown wrappers that have been aged one extra year. Like all Ashton cigars, the Ashton Cabinet Selection's construction is exquisite, while the smoke is perfectly-balanced and complex in flavor with a seductive aroma.

except for the vsg line all ashtons are light and mild imo. to their credit i think they have a wonderful maduro. still not a med. bodied cigar but to me a very good mild maduro

You're right OutlawD, now that you mention it, these really are a milder cigar. Supposedly the "Cabinet" ones are a little stronger but I'd go with your assessment, they're mild (at least IMO).

Since I prefer stronger cigars and when I tell someone a cigar is "mild" and if they're not used to stronger cigars, they tell me "Whadda ya mean MILD? it was too strong for me!!" so I try to err on the low side when I offer my opinions (which are sometimes wrong :D )

Thanks I am still working up to stronger cigars. I enjoy the opus x and people still say that it strong am i wrong about that?

wicked stick said:
Thanks I am still working up to stronger cigars. I enjoy the opus x and people still say that it strong am i wrong about that?
[snapback]192995[/snapback]​

Those I would call "strong" ;)

Medium bodied differs from medium strength. Medium bodied refers to the amount of flavor a cigar produces. So a cigar may be medium bodied and minimal strength,

Emo

true.
body= flavor
stregnth=does it make you dizzy

pam's & pan's are full body cigars but not "really" strong

fuente canones are medium body put pack a pretty good whallop

Well the aston made me dizzy it was fun. But more of wow spin. the Af give me a smooth dizzy. I think thats the way TO explain. Opus is Just good all over :thumbs: