• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I need some directions!

Joho

Since I joined CP earlier this year, I've been smoking through some bombs from the wonderful BOTLs here (thanks much !!) and a few singles I picked up here and there...and here...and there :whistling:. I was wondering if some of you could lend a guiding hand in suggesting some sticks that I should try out based on some past experiences...

• Padrón 2000 - Loved every moment of this one. It's been a while since I smoked the 2000, but its flavor, body, and complexity seemed perfect.
  • Punch Rothschild Oscuro - Another one that I enjoyed tremendously. I found the full body to be excellent in portraying the flavor, but like the Padrón, it's been a while.
  • Connecticut by Rocky Patel Robusto - One of the few mild-medium cigars that I enjoyed. It was smooth and creamy and just gave me an overall good impression.
  • Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Maduro - Finger-licking good. Smoked this one down to the last centimeter and instantly wanted more.
    ---
  • CAO Gold Robusto - Too many nuts. Literally. I found it way too nutty for my tastes (I felt the same way about the CAO VR Totem I had tonight) and the flavor felt too light.
  • Oliva Serie G Robusto - Saw it recommended for newbies. I wasn't too impressed--I felt that it was way too mild for me and the flavor was far too subtle and in the background.
  • Don Pepin Garcia My Father No. 1 Robusto - Found a lot of favorable reviews on this stick, but unfortunately it felt rather harsh and biting.
  • Tatuaje Noellas - Something with the flavor and its strength totally turned me off.

I was also considering the possibility that my palate is still underdeveloped, which may be the cause of my dislike toward the My Father and Tatuaje. On the other hand, the Padrón and Punch are on the fuller bodied side and I seemed to enjoy them just fine. Any thoughts on this?

Smoke what you like. People all have different tastes. So what if you don't like the Tats and My Fathers, it just saves you money.. ;) There are so many different smokes out there at so many different price levels, just because something costs alot doesn't mean you are going to like it. Just my 2 cents.

Have you tried anything from the La Flor line? They have some good full bodied smokes in their lineup.

You seem to like full bodied. Get your mitts on an illusione.
Any vitola. They are all the same to me. Real strong start and about an inch in they mellow and smoke real nice.

They are inexpensive too!

Per your request:
Take 31 south to I-95.
Take I-95 south towards Philly.
Merge onto I-676 via exit 22 towards central Philly.
Take the Broad Street exit.
Turn onto 15th heading towards Walnut Street.
Park your car and walk to 1522 Walnut Street.
Go to the humidor and ask the kind folks what is similar to the above cigars whiched you liked and ask them to help you pick out a sampler.

*No offense to anyone else, but Holts is the one store that i usually frequent when I'm in Philly due to my location in Philly.

Post on the Herf section when said trip will occure and meet up with other CP S/BOTL for continuing edjucation.

Per your request:
Take 31 south to I-95.
Take I-95 south towards Philly.
Merge onto I-676 via exit 22 towards central Philly.
Take the Broad Street exit.
Turn onto 15th heading towards Walnut Street.
Park your car and walk to 1522 Walnut Street.
Go to the humidor and ask the kind folks what is similar to the above cigars whiched you liked and ask them to help you pick out a sampler.

*No offense to anyone else, but Holts is the one store that i usually frequent when I'm in Philly due to my location in Philly.

Post on the Herf section when said trip will occure and meet up with other CP S/BOTL for continuing edjucation.

At 17 MPG, this college kid isn't going to have any money left to buy cigars. :p

Some suggestions for you:

Try the Don Pepin Garcia Blue, Black and Serie JJ lines -- full flavored but not overpowering. I particularly liked the Black when I was first getting started
Perdomo Lot 23 is a decent smoke, particularly the maduro
Padilla has a host of great smokes, including Miami, Signature 1932, Serie 68
Oliva O is a flavorful smoke as well
Cubao from EO and blended by Pepin
Sancho Panza double maduro is a good, cheap smoke as well.

Just some ideas off the top of my head.

Smoke what you like. People all have different tastes. So what if you don't like the Tats and My Fathers, it just saves you money.. ;) There are so many different smokes out there at so many different price levels, just because something costs alot doesn't mean you are going to like it. Just my 2 cents.

Have you tried anything from the La Flor line? They have some good full bodied smokes in their lineup.

I'm somewhat relieved that most of the smokes I've been enjoying are on the cheaper side. :)

I have yet to try any La Flor sticks but they're on my list.

You seem to like full bodied. Get your mitts on an illusione.
Any vitola. They are all the same to me. Real strong start and about an inch in they mellow and smoke real nice.

They are inexpensive too!

I'll add Illusiones to my list too. :)

Some suggestions for you:

Try the Don Pepin Garcia Blue, Black and Serie JJ lines -- full flavored but not overpowering. I particularly liked the Black when I was first getting started
Perdomo Lot 23 is a decent smoke, particularly the maduro
Padilla has a host of great smokes, including Miami, Signature 1932, Serie 68
Oliva O is a flavorful smoke as well
Cubao from EO and blended by Pepin
Sancho Panza double maduro is a good, cheap smoke as well.

Just some ideas off the top of my head.

I actually have a Don Pepin Garcia Blue Delicias and a Padilla Miami 8/11 Churchill in my humidor right now.

I also lit up a Serie JJ last month but didn't like it too much. How do the Blue and Black compare to the Serie JJ and My Father?

Would you also suggest the Oliva V?

Thanks for all your suggestions so far. :)