• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I need to smoke more

Dr. Marneaus

I drive a station wagon
So, recently, I've been super busy with school and work, trying to declare residency, car repairs, spending my monies on guns, ammo, gas, and food for the most part. With all that, on top of a pay cut at work, I haven't been smoking much lately. I don't think I've purchased a cigar since Christmas! I've smoked occasionally, including my pipe some, but probably only about once every other week. I haven't even been posting here all that much (but I have been reading)

Well last night It was nice and warm, probably about 55 degrees, and I decided it'd be a good time for a smoke. I picked out a Gurkha Triple Ligero, grabbed a bottle of Black Butte Porter, grabbed the girl, and set up out on the patio.

This Gurkha was great! I'd never enjoyed one of their cigars prior to this, but I think i'll give em another try. Maybe it was just the cigar coupled with the great beer, and good conversation/relaxation time with my girl. I'm not sure...

Either way, this made me remember why I smoke cigars, and what I get out of it. It seemed like I'd lost touch with that recently, only smoking for the sake of smoking something, not to enjoy it, and enjoy life.

So, it's time to maybe set aside a little time to smoke more often, I've been so stressed with everything lately I need to take some time to relax, and this seems like just the ticket.

I guess I just had a "cigar moment" and wanted to share.

Good for you bud. I'm kind of in the same boat and haven't been smoking much either. Hopefully when I do get the time my experience will be as good as yours.

Glad you enjoyed your little smoking vacation as I call them...we all need them these days.

Frank

Way to go, man. We all need to take that quality time -- nothing like a good smoke and your partner to make it top quality.

Ever since the cold weather I don't get as much time to smoke as I'd like. Some of my favorite times in my year-old new hobbie were sitting in the backyard with my wife, listening to music, drinking home-made manhattans and smoking a few quality cigars. I miss that... I better go tell my wife that now, actually, and earn me some brownie points.

It's gonna be another nice day today, prime for sitting out back after a nice dinner. Mmmmm, beef stew, good beer and a good cigar.

So, recently, I've been super busy with school and work, trying to declare residency, car repairs, spending my monies on guns, ammo, gas, and food for the most part. With all that, on top of a pay cut at work, I haven't been smoking much lately. I don't think I've purchased a cigar since Christmas! I've smoked occasionally, including my pipe some, but probably only about once every other week. I haven't even been posting here all that much (but I have been reading)

Well last night It was nice and warm, probably about 55 degrees, and I decided it'd be a good time for a smoke. I picked out a Gurkha Triple Ligero, grabbed a bottle of Black Butte Porter, grabbed the girl, and set up out on the patio.

This Gurkha was great! I'd never enjoyed one of their cigars prior to this, but I think i'll give em another try. Maybe it was just the cigar coupled with the great beer, and good conversation/relaxation time with my girl. I'm not sure...

Either way, this made me remember why I smoke cigars, and what I get out of it. It seemed like I'd lost touch with that recently, only smoking for the sake of smoking something, not to enjoy it, and enjoy life.

So, it's time to maybe set aside a little time to smoke more often, I've been so stressed with everything lately I need to take some time to relax, and this seems like just the ticket.

I guess I just had a "cigar moment" and wanted to share.

Those cigars are right on the money. Boar and I can attest that they're mighty tasty

yeah i like the triple ligero with a good steak have some that are going on a yr old have to try them again

Feel sorry for you bastids. There's plenty of time to smoke cigars, drink blackberry brandy (the woodchuck drink of choice) and play cribbage for a nickel a point here in the sugar house.

Doc.

It's gonna be another nice day today, prime for sitting out back after a nice dinner. Mmmmm, beef stew, good beer and a good cigar.

It's gonna get get up in the 80's by Wednesday!! Don't forget your pipes... that's all I'm smoking now.

After reading this thread, I think I'm going to light one up before bed tonight. I've been sick the past week and have been doing nothing but laying around the house and coughing up a storm. So tonight is the night!

It's gonna get get up in the 80's by Wednesday!! Don't forget your pipes... that's all I'm smoking now.

I've only got 1 briar, so I need to let it rest a lil between smokes, but trust me, I've had that out recently too. I'm running low on tobacco though, gotta order some more from two guys, in NH.

We must be living parallel lives. School has been pretty busy, I've had to study a lot more but I've seen my grades go up, so that's okay. Work has become crazy, two of our managers have been demoted and someone is getting promoted to a salaried manager's position, but I got moved to a spot where I make less money, for the time being I was told. I've been working on my car since I got back from Vegas a week ago, ironed out some of the wiring issues and only have a few small things to button up until I can take her back to the dragstrip. Hadn't really smoked much of anything until I went on vacation and suddenly I remembered why I got into cigars in the first place, to kick back and enjoy a leisurely hour or two. I'm going to try and light one up at least every other evening now, just to make sure I get some time into my week where I can sit back and relax. It's the little things in life that keep you sane.

It's been more than a copule of weeks since my last cigar also. Very busy/stressful time.

I ordered a Cob pipe from U.S.A the other day, and am keen to try my first pipe.

But... damn it! It's time for a bloody cigar!

*stalks off to the den*