• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I needed a good pick-me-up

hoshnasi

Hobbling hero
I had a pretty rough weekend, this week is getting better today being the first day I returned to work. So tonight while Leah went for a run I figured I had the perfect window to get outside and light up a fun, delicious cigar. I hoped that the smoke would be as complex as it looked. The nose was wonderful for sure, complex draw it was not, however it was still delicious and a top ten Hoshnasi pick cigar :)

2298927285_b2d54ebac4_b.jpg

Pictured alongside the BTL is my new walking buddy. I don't want to do a plug, but the cane is awesome and comes from a company called Canemasters.

Anyways back on track, the scent is of hay or dried grass. The construction is as good as the pictures look.

2299723552_bb65648254_o.jpg

The smoke off the tip is quite honestly a treat. It brings back memories of one of my grandmas old smoking room filled with thick leather arm chairs I used to sink into. The smell is unmistakable and takes me back. The smoke off the cigar while sitting on my balcony is quite voluminous and very nice.

2298927317_fcf14de531_o.jpg

The body is light with a strong Connecticut broad leaf taste. I taste little bits of fruit, but the tobacco is really all encompassing.

2298927357_10a176543e_o.jpg

Still tasty and the burn is kinda off. However considering how complex the construction is I'm quite impressed by the burn.

2298927371_4cf9a31118_o.jpg

I think the shade leaf is hogging the show a bit, I could be wrong, but I think the maduro is lacking a bit.

Cool tidbit, the ash burn is really interesting. The darker maduro ash is actually lighter then the shade grown.
2299723614_bed6ae26fe_o.jpg

Sitting next to someone smoking this cigar is more the half the enjoyment I think. I'd recommend everyone smoke one if you have the opportunity.

great review. i can't wait to get my hands on one of those little suckers

Josh,

I am glad to hear you are doing a little better after your shi*ty weekend. That was a great review, and I am glad you enjoyed the cigar. The pictures and the ash look awsome too. I can say that this is not a daily cigar for most people but it is definately more than just eye candy, and agree everyone should try to smoke at least one.

Nice review for an equally nice cigar.

I'm always on the search for these.

Brian

That was a great review. I really like the picture of the two tone ash.

The last one of these I smoked was pretty incredible as well, they are definitely a treat.

Very nice review, great pics!

My ALL-TIME favorite cigar. Great review, I think I gonna smoke one tonight!!

Excellent reivew, i love the pics. This one is on my wish list.