• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I never have enough time to fully enjoy my cigars

Joho

I left about a good smokable inch or two on the Padrón 2000 I had last night and decided to wrap it up in a bag and stick it in my drawer. I took it out and lit it on the patio with it and a glass of cola tonight (the patio chairs were in the shed and it was too much work), but it just wasn't the same. :(

The past few cigars I've had I wasn't able to finish because of something or another and it would just be a waste.

Maybe next time...

Well at least with a Padron 2000 you aren't out 10 bucks. Definitely one of my favorites though

You know, to me, that's the beauty of a cigar, there's not really much that can come up that will pull me away from it. It's my time to (normally) be alone, reading something stimulating (of the mind :whistling: ), and listening to my favorite music. Unless the wife wants to come out and have a conversation with me, she knows that when I'm smoking a cigar I might as well not be home. No work, chores, anything gets done during this 1-2 hour period and that is why I find carving out that time so rewarding. It's your time to slow down, take a load off, and forget about everything except for your cigar.

Now if only I could find more time in the week to make this happen!

You know, to me, that's the beauty of a cigar, there's not really much that can come up that will pull me away from it. It's my time to (normally) be alone, reading something stimulating (of the mind :whistling: ), and listening to my favorite music. Unless the wife wants to come out and have a conversation with me, she knows that when I'm smoking a cigar I might as well not be home. No work, chores, anything gets done during this 1-2 hour period and that is why I find carving out that time so rewarding. It's your time to slow down, take a load off, and forget about everything except for your cigar.

Exactly... I do the same thing. Sometimes the 1-2 hours turns to 4-5 though. :thumbs:

Exactly... I do the same thing. Sometimes the 1-2 hours turns to 4-5 though. :thumbs:

:whistling: Can't say that's never happened to me either! :laugh:

Nothing can pry me from the cigar I am smoking. Even if its a Rocky Patel all the way to say a Opus X Chili Pepper. The world could be coming to an end, I would still smoke the cigar. But I have that luxury being retired.

My girlfriend recently pointed out that since I've taken up cigars, I've been a little more patient (I'm normally a very rushy and pressed person). Now, unlike the general public and American news agencies, I understand that correlation does not imply causation...but perhaps there's a sliver of truth in this. I guess now I just need to improve upon my time management skills !!

just get a box of short stories :)

As sound as that advice is, hehe, I would recommend that like some have stated above, learn to just take some time for yourself and set aside your worries and problems to enjoy that little bit of relaxation. All of those responsibilities, problems, issues, will all be there waiting in a couple hours for you anyways. I learned this the hard way that if it gets in the way of YOU time, it gets in the way of other times as well, such as time with the person who you love. In the end, it is damaging not only to you, but others, and takes away from enjoying life. I recently was forced to take drastic measures to learn the importance of just saying, "F*** it.", putting my feet up and spending quality time with the person I love, and with myself.

If you don't take time to stop and smell the roses, life will pass you by before you know it. :thumbs:

*edit* rewording

I was going to say while reading this thread you must have a wife and kids. Then you mentioned you have a girlfriend but they can sometimes be just as bad or worse. You also could have kids running around. I understand the problem though I have had to end a great stick short but really do my best to avoid it. I feel for you brother all as I can say is do your best to get away from it all when you light the smoke up. I have 2 kids one 4 and one 5 and I didn't start having kids until I was thirty after all that time with just my wife and I it was a total shock but a good one just a major life changer!! Keep trying for those good alone moments to enjoy or find a good Herf party!!
Josh

ps. My wife is great I don't want anyone to think I am bagging on them or girlfriends there are some out there well you know what I am saying.

Get a pipe, no seriously. Pack a small bowl of good pipe tobacco and smoke away. Save you a lot of money on wasted cigars :)

Save the cigars for when you know you are going to have time to enjoy it.

You put a one inch Paddie 2000 nub into a bag to smoke later? That's pretty funny. Kinda disgusting as well, but nonetheless, amusing. :)

If there's any chance I might get f...ed with after lighting up, I don't. Once I've lit that cigar, I'm going into the 'sacred' zone, away from the world and its bullsh.t. There's no coming back to put a kid to bed or take a phone call.

I was going to say while reading this thread you must have a wife and kids. Then you mentioned you have a girlfriend but they can sometimes be just as bad or worse. You also could have kids running around. I understand the problem though I have had to end a great stick short but really do my best to avoid it. I feel for you brother all as I can say is do your best to get away from it all when you light the smoke up. I have 2 kids one 4 and one 5 and I didn't start having kids until I was thirty after all that time with just my wife and I it was a total shock but a good one just a major life changer!! Keep trying for those good alone moments to enjoy or find a good Herf party!!
Josh

ps. My wife is great I don't want anyone to think I am bagging on them or girlfriends there are some out there well you know what I am saying.

Oh, I'm way younger than that. :p

I mean, I could have kids, but that's far from practical at the moment.

Well like I said, I'm normally a very rushy person. If something arises I feel the obligation to handle it at once. :(

Thanks for the advice though, everyone. Hopefully the next time I step out to enjoy a stick I'll think twice about not finishing it. :D

I wouldn't relight a cigar... even with all the "methods" out there, it never tastes right, sometimes like an ashtray.

Stick with the 2000s, I never feel guilty when I pitch one half way through (and I'm a poor college student).

I wouldn't relight a cigar... even with all the "methods" out there, it never tastes right, sometimes like an ashtray.

Stick with the 2000s, I never feel guilty when I pitch one half way through (and I'm a poor college student).

Yeah, I'm never relighting a cigar again. I'm either gonna finish it or chuck it; the relit taste is just nasty.

I plan on trying the rest of the line too, once I get some cash. :)

I left about a good smokable inch or two on the Padrón 2000 I had last night and decided to wrap it up in a bag and stick it in my drawer. I took it out and lit it on the patio with it and a glass of cola tonight (the patio chairs were in the shed and it was too much work), but it just wasn't the same. :(

The past few cigars I've had I wasn't able to finish because of something or another and it would just be a waste.

Maybe next time...

Like another poster mentioned, the Padron's are inexpensive enough where it won't break the bank if that happens. I don't think I've had a better cigar for the money, and I had many that cost more that weren't nearly as good.

If I'm in a time crunch, I'll smoke a Padron 2000 and put it out a little early like you did. I also really like Oliva Serie G Maduro Belicosos. They're not too big and work great as quick short smokes.

You put a one inch Paddie 2000 nub into a bag to smoke later? That's pretty funny. Kinda disgusting as well, but nonetheless, amusing. :)

If there's any chance I might get f...ed with after lighting up, I don't. Once I've lit that cigar, I'm going into the 'sacred' zone, away from the world and its bullsh.t. There's no coming back to put a kid to bed or take a phone call.

haha, yeah, no kidding, anything I consider majestic ... Liga #9, Padron Anni's, etc. something I usually sit down with a good beer I leave myself a good window of time to properly enjoy.

It helps when you don't have kids! :laugh:

Nick

Back