• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

i never seasoned my humidor...

underrated831

I can't believe I never even bothered to look into seasoning my humidor. To my understanding, seasoning is used so that the wood inside your humidor will not absorb the humidity from your cigars? I have had my humidors for about 3 months now and they have been using the rh beads from heartfelt industries (viper). Do I still need to season my humidor, or is there no longer any point? Thanks in advance.

-Andy

I can't believe I never even bothered to look into seasoning my humidor. To my understanding, seasoning is used so that the wood inside your humidor will not absorb the humidity from your cigars? I have had my humidors for about 3 months now and they have been using the rh beads from heartfelt industries (viper). Do I still need to season my humidor, or is there no longer any point? Thanks in advance.

-Andy

If it is affecting humidity or if you have big fluctuations then yes I would season the humi.

Too late now, you've ruined everything.

Trash humi, gars, beads and start all over :laugh: .

Just kidding, you just skipped the shot glass, spraying, agonizing over your hygrometer, and other seasoning bull shit and seasoned your humidor directly with beads, and gars.

All is well.

Too late now, you've ruined everything.

Trash humi, gars, beads and start all over :laugh: .

Just kidding, you just skipped the shot glass, spraying, agonizing over your hygrometer, and other seasoning bull shit and seasoned your humidor directly with beads, and gars.

All is well.

its not my humidor that is the subject matter, but this scared me.... really :0

I think there's no matter where humi will take water from. It can be glass with distilled water, and cigars with beads. Only difference will be with speed of seasoning. With water humi will gain enough water with 1 week and with sticks and beads in 1 month. shouldn't you refill your beads during this month?

I would suggest there is no longer any point. I am assuming that your humidor is maintaining your desired humidity without substantial fluctuations. The cedar will eventually draw enough moisture over time. You just may need to introduce more distilled water into it until the cedar is properly saturated with enough humidity. You may lightly mist your beads with distilled water. I prefer to indirectly add moisture by placing a small cup of distilled water inside.

As has been mentioned, if your hygrometer is showing a pretty constant RH, you're ok IMO.

as long as you're enjoying your cigars, your humidor should just be fine. :)

You are better of seasoning it before you put your smokes in, cause they will have a tendecy to give up thier humidity to the humidor, drying them out. But if it has been three months you are too late. I would just let it ride...