• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I want to understand too.

gkpk

Hey guys
Just a thought.
Maybe someone (if they haven't already) can list all the abbreviations used on this board somewhere and explain what they mean.
I know what isom stands for but i can't decipher most of the other ones.
Us newbies want to know what on earth some of those abbreviations mean also.
It would be a really big help.
Thanks

It's called paying your dues man. Just ask when you see a discussion you're following. Most people will clue you in. I can say for sure it took me weeks to figure out what the hell ISOM stood for!

Hey thanks guys and thank you Ellman for that most informative webpage.
I didn't think to look there.

SPAMFOSTO :0 :sign:

First person to figure that out gets a little something from me. :thumbs:

And for a bonus: ATRL ;) :D

I like Ellman's guess, but I'll throw mine out too:

SPAMFOSTO - SomePlace Around Michigan FOSTO (FOSTO is an airspace fix)

ATRL - AntiTank Rocket Launcher
the military reference makes me doubt my guess on SPAMFOSTO, so I offer
SPAM - Strike Package and Assorted Messages, but I have no idea what the FOSTO would be in this case.

-Mike

VR = Vegas Robaina (a brand of cigar)
RASS = Ramon Allones Specially Selected (a Havana robusto)
RAG = Ramon Allones Gigantes (a Havana Double Corona cigar)
PSD = Partagas Serie D (a Havana robusto)
RASCC = Ramon Allones Small Club Corona (a Havana TPC which stands for "Tres Petit Corona" which is a cigar that is 42 x 4 3/8 for Havanas and close to those dimensions for domestics).
TPC = see above
PC = Petit Corona (a cigar size that is 5 x 42 for Havanas and close to those dimensions for domestics).
SLR = Saint Luis Rey (a cigar brand)
ERDM = El Rey del Mundo (a cigar brand)

That gives you a few more that are not listed on the link that Ellman gave you. As Beast said, just ask.

For instance the ones I just mentioned above I had no idea what they meant nine months ago :p but now I appear to be some sort of wealth of knowledge but it's only 'cause I have spent a lot of time here over the last six months ;)