• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I was there...

Monte

Wish ~L'Esprit Courvoisier
I had a big surprise when I went to MLT today. (Famous) I walked in the door around 11:00 am. and walked up to the counter to talk to the "nice lady" and she was setting some new cigar boxes on the counter that the delivery man just gave her. I looked and to my surprise..... YUP! Opus X cigars! Two boxes never opened. I told her that I would give her my first born and my left nut if she would sell me a box. She just laughed at me knowing that I was serious. ???

They get only 6 boxes a year! And that's very good they say.

She let me open both of the boxes. The first was the "Double Corona 7 5/8 x 49" I cut the plastic off first then cracked the lid and opened it up gently. What a wonderful aroma a new box has! :love: I also got to take them all out so she could put stickers on the back side of each cigar. Price: $14.50 each.

Next was a new box of "Robusto 5 1/4" x 50" which we did the same as above. Price: $10.50
When we we're all done she said I could buy 3 of each size. Of coarse I did! :thumbs:

She said they'll be all gone by the end of the week end when all the regulars like me come in on Saturday morning. We have a little herf there on Saturdays. Nothing scheduled to smoke or a set time to be there. We just pick something out and fire it up. Then start talking about anything.
I'm going again in the morning so I can get some more! That's if the nice lady isn't working on Saturday! :D

bands_ffox.gif

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

That sucks she wouldnt sell you the whole box! :angry:

-Matt

Ill make you a deal,when I open up ill sell you a box whenever you want to buy!
(thats if i can get them :) )

moki said:
So she didn't let ya buy the box, eh?
??? NO! ??? She may have if I would have bought out the store. The more you buy, the more she's willing to do. ;) Best customers get best treatment. BUT, it's first come first served. The owner (who is the coolest dude) doesn't let any of his employees hoard them or any other cigar. He even pays for cigars himself. Now of coarse he gets them at the "employee discount" rate. I mean the man has a "warehouse humidor" (200ft. x 100ft) that he could walk out and take any box he wanted... write it off as "ran over by forklift" and get them for free.

They get six boxes....they sell six boxes. I know that for a fact now... I was there when they walked through the door. :thumbs:

You can't tell that I like these people can you? ;)

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

Monte said:
moki said:
??? NO! ??? She may have if I would have bought out the store. The more you buy, the more she's willing to do. ;) Best customers get best treatment.
I heard she'll give the full box to ya if she thinks you're cute... sorry Monte... :)

moki said:
Monte said:
moki said:
??? NO! ??? She may have if I would have bought out the store. The more you buy, the more she's willing to do. ;) Best customers get best treatment.
I heard she'll give the full box to ya if she thinks you're cute... sorry Monte... :)
TFF !
hahaha.gif

Rat Bastard! :p ;)

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

I went ot the Tinder Box in Memphis a couple months ago. I walked in and saw all these beauitful dark brown boxes on the counter. The clerk was pricing the smokes. My heart was racing. Hundreds of Opus X, right before my eyes. I asked the guy if I could buy ten to fifteen. He smiled and said the limit is two. :angry: He said he would take my name and call me when the next shipment came in and I could buy two more. Eighty miles for two Opus? Guess I'll decide when they call.

He said he would take my name and call me when the next shipment came in and I could buy two more.

Hmm... The place I go to has a limit of two, but I'm pretty sure it's just two a day. Is that typical?