• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I won a bet...What should I get?

I'd go for a box of Zino Platinum Scepter Series Low Riders simply because I've never tried one.

Gurkha Legend for sure! They are really good cigars!!

linky to buy

My first suggestion would have been avo 80th, even though I have never tried one, but they are sold out.

Enjoy your spoils! I am jealous!

Brandon

lol....maybe jus this one time we can cheat and ask for the source...i wanna bet against that sucker........lol

Since I feel sorry for the loser, how about a box of these.....

MMmmmMmmm

Though these may be pushing the "box" criteria, lol.

That's fine if you want to go with the priciest, but for all around best taste, IMHO, go with Puffstuff's suggestion... DC Maximus!

EDS is an excellent mild cigar. I hear that the torpedos are the best of the lot (I've only had the robustos). I've never had a EDS maduro though, so BigFatDog, if you wind up getting a box of the EDS Maduro torpedos, feel free to send one or two my way :whistling:

That's fine if you want to go with the priciest, but for all around best taste, IMHO, go with Puffstuff's suggestion... DC Maximus!

I've had some issues with the Diamond Crown Maxximuses (Maxximi?), namely, tight draws and uneven burns. It's happened twice in a row, which is really disheartening. So, if you end up with a box of these, send me a few to restore my faith ;)

But I'd go with a box of AF Don Carlos...

Since I feel sorry for the loser, how about a box of these.....

MMmmmMmmm

Though these may be pushing the "box" criteria, lol.

Acrid and foul....at best.

I remember this brand from “the boom.” At that time, with the severe shortages, cigar smokers would try just about any cigar that was actually available on the shelf. Even despite those circumstances, it’s still amazing that anyone actually bought a cigar with a name like this. Worse yet, the cigar itself was marginal. Somewhat acrid with a foul aroma and unappealing wrapper as I recall. No surprise then that a closeout just came my way. Am I a good salesman or what?

Am I a good salesman or what?

NAME PACK SIZE AVAIL PRICE BUY QTY
Toro 20's 20 CIGARS 6.0 x 50 In Stock $19.99
Toro 25's BDL OF 25 6.0 x 50 Sold Out $24.99

I can't believe they sold out of the toro's. Guess your out of luck on this deal!

[/quote]

...an excellent choice would be......Preferidos Limited Edition '06..bet tehy are excellent now and will be even better next year!
[/quote]

I think we have a winner. I have a box of the sapphire tubos. I think this would be an excellent compliment. FWIW the DC Maximus came in second, but the "Limited" portion made these a little more desirable. The Perdomos are straight out. He is a smoking buddy...we have shared a few ISOMs over the years (in parts of the world where they aren't contraband). I wouldn't want to hurt him that much. The AF Dons are out as well. I have a full box (each) of #3s & #4s. Don't feel too sorry for the guy Brickhouse. My wife had to take a licensing exam. He is in the same business as my wife. He bet me that she would fail (he did his first time). I bet him that not only would she pass, but she would pass by at least 10 points. The bet was a win win for me...those with wives understand. She beat the spread. I want the sting to be enough so he remembers, but not so much that it leaves a scar. The lesson...Don't disrespect another man's wife...especially mine...and not when it comes to her business.

I will probably tell him that I'm leaning towards the Perdomos, then let him off the hook with the Preferidos.

Any other suggestions? I won't pull the trigger until monday or tuesday.

I've had some issues with the Diamond Crown Maxximuses (Maxximi?), namely, tight draws and uneven burns. It's happened twice in a row, which is really disheartening. So, if you end up with a box of these, send me a few to restore my faith ;)

But I'd go with a box of AF Don Carlos...

I had some of those same issues with DC Maximus, plus they tasted to me like cigarettes (blech!), two different times from two different boxes, giving the first DCM the benefit of a doubt. I can't recommend those, but YMMV.

Robert

Don't go with the most expensive just to tick the guy off, get your favorite cigar and be done with it.

P.S. your title rhymes nicely. If it doesn't fit, you must acquit!

They don't have a box of AF Anejos, PAN/M or VSG (which I can always use another box of) and I'm pretty well stocked for my other favorites (Hemingway, 858...). I considered a box of something from Gurkha, I like a few of thier sticks, but really want to branch out. I have a box of DCs and have never bought a box of DCMs (although I've had a few and do find the flavor a little dirty). Whatever I pick he can afford. I'm not taking food out of his mouth or anything of the sort.