• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I Work in a Humidor

Castaway

Actually, the temp is 72 and the humidity is 68% right now in my office. The temp hasn't change since last Sept, and the humidity only dropped about 10% for a couple of days at a time while some cold fronts passed through last winter.

So, any reason not to store my cigars (the ones being aged for a long time) here at work in a locked cabinet?

BTW...I was a good newbee...I searched back to Jan to see if anybody had brought this up. ;)

As long as conditions stay like they are I can't see why not. You might want to keep an eye on the humidity if it drops so much due to the outside weather.

My office is a nice 67 degrees and 9% huimidity :0 (yes, 9%, i have a sling hygrometer and it reads 8%-9%) not a good place for cigars, i drink on average of 6 bottles of water a day...no windows to open either. :(

62.3 degrees and 32% humidity in my office..
70. degree and 65% in the humi :thumbs:

Thanks to the trusty RS 1089 :D

Low humidity up north. Down here we're used to the higher outside humidity and keep it higher indoors, too, I guess.

I think it's pretty dry here in Finland. Seeing how I work outside all day I guess my workspace is dry and sunny :)

Lemon: At least you can smoke in your workspace...I can only hang around on cigar forums while in my workspace. :(

Castaway said:
Lemon: At least you can smoke in your workspace...I can only hang around on cigar forums while in my workspace. :(
[snapback]186139[/snapback]​

:cool:

Your stash is at risk anything over 70f although from what I understand it's pretty rare under 75f. I think it's best to try and keep your cigars at 65f or less if you really don't want to worry about the little bastids.

Yep - keep that temp down - you don't want this to happen...

buggy_pams.jpg

Image courtesy of Moki (OUCH!!!)

When I lived on North Shore in Hawaii, I kept my cigars in the middle of the house. I just kept watch on the temp. It was nice.

i can smoke in my work place... and the humidor stays at about 70 lol.

Nice to work in a cigar shop. :p :cool:

kayakinboy it is truly nice to work in a cigar store and be able to smoke
i love it

although we do not smoke in the humidor. thats a nono

OutlawD said:
kayakinboy it is truly nice to work in a cigar store and be able to smoke
i love it

although we do not smoke in the humidor. thats a nono
[snapback]191614[/snapback]​

Speaking of that, some kid tried to walk in ours with a cigeratte, of course you know I had some choice words for him. ;)

ggiese said:
Yep - keep that temp down - you don't want this to happen...

buggy_pams.jpg

Image courtesy of Moki (OUCH!!!)
[snapback]186220[/snapback]​

This almost made me cry this morning!