• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

IF I leave my humidor open...

will the hydrometer be off of what it would be i close it? the hydrometer is on the front of the humidor

What I would do is close the humidor, wait a few days and the rh should drop as the moisture gets absorbed by the wood. Since your on CP, why don't you go to the lobby and introduce your self...... :)

The only way to get an accurate reading is to leave it closed for at least several hours.

NEWBIE said:
will the hydrometer be off of what it would be i close it? the hydrometer is on the front of the humidor
First thing you need to do is-take a deep breath.....now exhale......there ya go! :) I know what your feeling, it can be an anxious thing to think that your cigars are drying out faster than patches in your lawn or getting more moist than......well, we won't go there!.

:sign: :sign:
At any rate, take lucasbucks & stogieman's advice and just close the darn thing for a couple of days and then re-check it. If your hygrometer is on the outside, I'm sure that it can measure it fairly accurately closed, I have never heard about anyone leaving their humidor open. ???