• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

If you like Crack in a bowl........

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
You'll love Heroin on a spoon!

I was making some crack in a bowl for the 4th and decided to experiment a little with some different cheese. I had a small piece of smoked Gouda that I shredded, cut back on the hot sauce and added a little more onion.  That came out pretty well but because Gouda is such a soft cheese it clumped in the bowl. 

Step 2 was to put half of a 1lb wheel in the freezer for a while to make it easier to shred. I prepped another bowl like I would for normal Crack in a bowl with the above changes and took out the cheese from the freezer.  This time I used the finer shredding side of my kitchen utensil and after every time I did a coating on the top of the bowl I stirred the mixture up.  This prevented the clumping and mixed all those little bits of cheese better releasing more flavor.  As with normal Crack this was a pretty big hit with some liking it on their burgers and others just doing the dip thing. 

While not quite as good as the original and needing more cheese (8oz vs 5oz) plus the added freezing and shredding it is a worthy addition to the chip dip line up IMO.

Enjoy.

I have yet to make Crack in a Bowl.  I will have to do so, I've heard a lot about it.  Once I do that I'll have a go at the modification.