• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

If you were a senator.....

I surely woulda lawyered up, though I guess he thought it would go away quicker if he didn't. Oops.

I could care less what goes on between two adults, but I feel bad for his family.

I surely woulda lawyered up, though I guess he thought it would go away quicker if he didn't. Oops.

I could care less what goes on between two adults, but I feel bad for his family.

You mean you wouldn't have have plead guilty without a lawyer in the hoped that it wouldn't catch up to you? I guess that's one way to go! :laugh:

I feel badly for his family as well. It must hurt to trust someone that much and then be faced with (alleged) behavior that would seem to fly in the face of what you thought they stood for.

It must hurt to trust someone that much and then be faced with (alleged) behavior that would seem to fly in the face of what you thought they stood for.

Shades of Gary Hart...

You mean you wouldn't have have plead guilty without a lawyer in the hoped that it wouldn't catch up to you? I guess that's one way to go! :laugh:

I feel badly for his family as well. It must hurt to trust someone that much and then be faced with (alleged) behavior that would seem to fly in the face of what you thought they stood for.

I happen to be close friends with this family and would encourage anyone involved in this discussion to obtain all the facts prior to passing judgement on anyone involved.

Note the use of the term "alleged" in my post. Have have been on the wrong side of the authorities though I was competely innocent, though I can see why it looked otherwise.
For the sake of his family, I hope the same is the case here. And as for judgement, that's not my job.

Not passing judgement, but there sure seems to be a lot of " do as i say and not like i do" lately. Of course, there's probably more scrutiny now then ever before. You would think someone taking a moral stand on some issues would be a bit more careful. That's if anything happened at all. :cool:

Sounds like a gay lover gone rogue :D

All seriousness aside, how is it this officer is so up to date on all the CFM signals?

Sounds like a gay lover gone rogue :D

All seriousness aside, how is it this officer is so up to date on all the CFM signals?

Research. Lots and lots of research. Sometimes as much as three times a day. His commanding officer has already recommended him for a medal. He has been known to "take one" for the team twice before his shift even starts. What an asset to the community.

I happen to be close friends with this family and would encourage anyone involved in this discussion to obtain all the facts prior to passing judgement on anyone involved.

I hope all the facts are made available.

In light of the facts that are available now, I see nothing wrong with being sorry for his family because of the crap they must be going through.

It's not unreasonable to expect that we'll find out that Sen. Craig used poor judgement of some manner in this case, even if it's just pleading guilty to something he didn't do.

I've long respected his stance on Amendment II, and hope that we who care about such things aren't losing a staunch ally because of this.

A public official using poor judgement.. it can't be true.....

IMO, that police report does nothing to exonerate him.

Wide stance and dropped paper? :rolleyes:

If there are more facts forthcoming, I'll peruse them, but right now I'm very skeptical.

Judgment's already been passed. Craig pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in this case. He was fined and put on probation for a year.

Personally, I don't care if he's gay. Hell, I've got a 23 year old son who is gay. What I care about is his lying about it and sneaking around.

Senator Craig: If you're gay, just stop the lying and come outta the closet! It's not the end of the world, for crying out loud.

Judgment's already been passed. Craig pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in this case. He was fined and put on probation for a year.

Personally, I don't care if he's gay. Hell, I've got a 23 year old son who is gay. What I care about is his lying about it and sneaking around.

Senator Craig: If you're gay, just stop the lying and come outta the closet! It's not the end of the world, for crying out loud.

Exactly, he sounds like a hypocrite. He's been a staunch advocate of 'anti-gay' legislation (maybe that's not the right terminology), but it APPEARS he bats the other way also. Don't know if this is common amongst gay folks, but the bathroom thing really creeps me out. Nothing like being hit on while your taking a dump :puke:

Exactly, he sounds like a hypocrite. He's been a staunch advocate of 'anti-gay' legislation (maybe that's not the right terminology), but it APPEARS he bats the other way also. Don't know if this is common amongst gay folks, but the bathroom thing really creeps me out. Nothing like being hit on while your taking a dump :puke:

If I were a senator?

I would continue pillaging the American people, spending the money I am severely overpaid, not giving a damn what the people want or think, and retire a very wealthy man! Oh yeah, my wife and kids are set for life too, so phuk off America!

It may not be the end of the world, but it will be the end of his family life and the end of his (Republican) career. I can see why he'd rather be a closet homosexual.

It may not be the end of the world, but it will be the end of his family life and the end of his (Republican) career. I can see why he'd rather be a closet homosexual.

His career as a Republican is probably finished already. He's resigned his role with Mitt Romney's presidential campaign and I can't see the good people of this state voting him back to Washington after this. Sad to say, but true nonetheless.

As for his family life, who can say what goes on -- or what is already known -- behind those closed doors?

Regardless, I wish him the best, whatever he does.

Let's all join in prayer, "Loving and Beneficent Lord Jesus, rescue us from politics and religion on CigarPass"