• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'll be checking in a little less often

tdog

Well gents, as some of you know the wife and I got a little fed up with the direction our neighborhood was headed so we bit the bullet and sold our house. Damn thing was on the market for 4 days and then we haggled over specifics on a contract for 3 days. So the house was contracted in one week. We started packing and got everything moved the weekend before last and closed on it last Wednesday. The new house is being framed and has the roof and shingles on it now. Here is the kicker: the wife and I have moved in with my parents until August when we close on the new one. I never thought I would move back in with them but hey, it happens.

The reason why I will be on less is because they have a very slow dial-up connection. I guess I was spoiled by my high-speed. So now I will be checking in at my sisters house next door when I can. Also, I don't want to spend as much time on as I did when I was at home because it is pretty nice getting to spend some time with my parents, especially my dad. Not sure how much longer he is going to be around. He is an insulin-dependant diabetic with very poor circulation and health. I took him out to eat for Father's day and we had a good time.

Well anyways, enough rambling, I will check in when I can and try and post some pics of the new house as it goes along.

See ya B'sOTL
t-dog
Brian

Congrats on the move, and enjoy spending the time with your parents. Thoughts and prayers are with your family for your Dad's health. Lots of luck with the new house!

Congrats on the new home, Brian. That's always a blast, even if it is a lot of work. And take care of your dad. :thumbs:

Congrats on the new house.....

Enjoy the time you are spending with your folks... do ya have to sleep on an air-mattress, that's what I have to do... :laugh: LOL

Don't worry about having to check in to find out what is going on.... Just check all of CoventryCat's posts....

I'll welcome ya back whenever you get the time to show up again. Congrats on the house.

Congrats on the new casa, enjoy the time with family and the forums will still be here when you return.... ;)

Hey, don't dis my dial up, man. That's all I've got and I'm here almost everyday...wait...maybe that isn't a good thing. ;)

Good luck with the new place. It is always nice to spend some time with the family, especially once we're (the kids) a bit older and a bit more appreciative of the folks. Family is the most important thing in life. Cherish this time with them. Who knows, you may end up learning more about your old man than you ever thought you would want to know. I sure did when in the same situation. He was a lot cooler when he was younger than I ever thought he was.

:)

Congrats on the new house and getting to spend time with your folks.

At least it is only until August instead of 8 months. ;)

Congrats on the big move! I wish you all the best. Check in when you can bro!

Good luck on the new place, Brian - I envy you bro (all except the dial-up part and living with the folks...) :D

Brian congrats on the new home. Enjoy your time with your parents and the rest of the family.

Congrats Brian, you're doing the right thing -- enjoy the time with your family. As others have said the forums will still be here when you return!

Congrats Brian.... when you take those pictures, make sure your wife is in them and not you..... :sign: It'd be perfect to see her showing off the new whirlpool tub.. :sign:

Congratulations on the new house. My wife and I are in the process of building also. Can't wait to move!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the well wishes guys. I appreciate all of you, even you Matt.

One good thing about living here is that they have a huge covered front porch to smoke on. No matter the weather, I believe I am going to attack my palate for the next few weeks.

Hopefully a big a$$ rain storm won't come in right after they dig your hole, like at my house. LOL!
0614023-vi.jpg

Eventually it dried out though....
0617024-vi.jpg

Then they forgot to put the temporary sump pump back in and it rained again a few weeks later:
08220214-vi.jpg

I was able to start wiring again within a few days though....
08220211-vi.jpg