• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione 2

handypilot

Filler: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Wrapper: Nicaraguan (Rosado Oscuro Corojo?)

$8-9 MSRP (A little pricey for an everyday :( )

52 x 5 1/4 Belicoso

Medium to Full bodied.

I picked this stick up at the Market Tobacco Patch in downtown Seattle when I was there recently. Illusione was recommended by the owner based my favorites I shared with him...I also choose the belicoso because I prefer a torpedo/pyramid vitola.

This stick is my favorite so far...nuff said!

A very oil, smooth dark-reddish (colorado-ish) wrapper that is flawlessly constructed without any blemishes.

The prelight draw was spot-on with hints of dark chocolate, and sweetness. The fact I could taste sweetness right away led me believe this was going to be a good smoke...I like them on the sweet side, but not "overpowering the tobacco" sweet. I toasted the foot evenly, purged, and took a long easy draw. The smoke was smooth with a short finish, which I mostly prefer, but didn't start out with much flavor. After the first couple draws the sweetness kicked in. Lots of sweet dark chocolate, and carmel coffee. There was also a very distinct flavor that I couldn't put my finger on, but it was in almost every puff...sweet floral/earth maybe? I don't know, but I can garentee that I eventually smoke enough of these to find out! :D

The burn was generally even and good, though I had to do 1 touch-up and 1 relight, but that doesn't bother me one bit.

This was a very consistent cigar, but the only negative that I could find was the draw tightened up a little toward the end. I just purged and gave it a roll of the fingers to loosen things up a bit and it was fine. I nubbed this bad-boy, and this is one of many cigars I've smoked that doesn't get bitter or hot in the final 1/3, which scores a lot of points in my book.

I haven't seen any reviews on this, so if you haven't tried it, you must!

Sorry no pictures...but here's what it looks like:
illusione-no2-thumb.jpg

The Illusione -2- is my personal favorite cigar. I reviewed it last September as part of the Getting Your Feet Wet II Pass, but it's probably buried so deep in the archives that it's impossible to find via search.

To quote Nasty (and who does?), all the Illusions are good. I just got a near-full box and love them. Always a good choice.

John

Yeah these are friggin awesome. I prefer the cg4, but the 2s are good also. I get that floral/earth flavor, too, but I've never considered them sweet. Glad you liked it and nice review!

Went to my local B&M to see if they had any, but they only had the 88 and HL which they just got in, picked up an 88 and going to try it today. So many cigars and so little time! ;)

The Illusione -2- is my personal favorite cigar. I reviewed it last September as part of the Getting Your Feet Wet II Pass, but it's probably buried so deep in the archives that it's impossible to find via search.

I'll try to find it.

Went to my local B&M to see if they had any, but they only had the 88 and HL which they just got in, picked up an 88 and going to try it today. So many cigars and so little time! ;)

I'll try to find it.

Nothing is impossible to find when you use the search function :thumbs:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=48676&view=findpost&p=722222

Thanks for the review, very good smokes these Illusione are ;)

Me like a lot :laugh:

Rene

I actually had two of these on the golf course yesterday.
Illusiones are among my staples.

These are TASTY! Anyone who hasn't had one yet is really missing out.

These are TASTY! Anyone who hasn't had one yet is really missing out.

Thanks for reminding me that many of those wonderful boutique cigar brands don't make it north of 49°. :( I'll have to pick some up, or have someone like my retired Dad pick up a box for me next time he passes through the US.

Nice review Pilot. I really enjoyed the 88 and the CG4 that I have had. I look forward to trying a Culebra at some point.

Nice review Pilot. I really enjoyed the 88 and the CG4 that I have had. I look forward to trying a Culebra at some point.

I bought a box (3 inside) and tried it with some friends. They're a really small ring gauge (33) so the taste was very mild. You may get a different opinion.

I like the F9, HL, and the CG4. Haven't tried a #2 torpedo yet, looks like a very good smoke.