• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione Cigars -- Price Hike

Ludwig

~Puros Mas Finos~
I seem to remember that you could get a box of 88's for around $145. Now they are $180ish.

Seems like prices went up recently. Anyone else notice this?

I seem to remember that you could get a box of 88's for around $145. Now they are $180ish.

CA ratings, perhaps?

I think it started before that because I also remember the 68's were around 100 when they first came out. Now they're like 130+.

edit: but still worth the price. ;)

I have been wanting to try one of these bad boys, gonna have to run out and try to find some. Anyone have any suggestions as far as vitola I should try.

Thanks

The price of raw materials in Nicaragua (tobacco) has increased 15% and that will be yearly according to people in the know. I think Dion posted that Daniel Ortega. The Illusione are rolled in Honduras but the tobacco is sourced from Nicaragua so there ya go.

CA ratings, perhaps?

The price of raw materials in Nicaragua (tobacco) has increased 15% and that will be yearly according to people in the know. I think Dion posted that Daniel Ortega. The Illusione are rolled in Honduras but the tobacco is sourced from Nicaragua so there ya go.
No, let's blame CA. Life, for the cigar smoker, was much simpler, before that rag came into existence. I wax nostalgic for the days before the cigar boom, which was perpetrated by those sob's.

Doc.

Andrew, would a 15% increase in tobacco translate into even a 10% increase in MSRP given the overall percentage that material cost plays?

Bruce, that's actually a good point. I bet the packaging cost (bands, cellophane, boxes, etc.) for any cigar is probably higher than the raw material cost.