• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm confused

cessna16

There are certain terminology that I am unfamiliar with in context to this forum. The word that has me confused is the way ya'll talk about inhaling. Does that mean inhaling into your mouth, or straight into your lungs? I am a noob if you couldn't tell and have only been smoking about 2 months and am still smoking Swisher Sweets (sorry, lol). When I smoke, I draw the smoke into my mouth and hold it there until I get a good taste and slowly blow out.

There are certain terminology that I am unfamiliar with in context to this forum. The word that has me confused is the way ya'll talk about inhaling. Does that mean inhaling into your mouth, or straight into your lungs? I am a noob if you couldn't tell and have only been smoking about 2 months and am still smoking Swisher Sweets (sorry, lol). When I smoke, I draw the smoke into my mouth and hold it there until I get a good taste and slowly blow out.

Ask Bill Clinton.

Into the mouth. Because cigars are made of raw tobacco and not refined like cigarettes, it's best to not inhale to the lungs...unless you're bulimic and like to puke.

You're smoking the correct way -- you're not supposed to inhale cigar smoke into your lungs -- but you're smoking the wrong thing. :)

There are a few (probably VERY FEW) people out there who can inhale cigar smoke (not me though, the thought of it makes me cough :laugh: ) but you're smoking cigars the way almost everyone else does.

Into the mouth. Because cigars are made of raw tobacco and not refined like cigarettes, it's best to not inhale to the lungs...unless you're bulimic and like to puke.

Is what they do to cigarette tobacco really considered "refinement?" :laugh:

I certainly wouldn't call it that, but if that's the terminology that is used, I have to laugh...

cessna16, welcome to CP. You should look into some good, mild, long filler cigars ( the folks here can give you many great options) Swisher Sweets are just cleverly disguised cigarettes, and are hindering you of the true joys of this hobby.

cessna16, welcome to CP. You should look into some good, mild, long filler cigars ( the folks here can give you many great options) Swisher Sweets are just cleverly disguised cigarettes, and are hindering you of the true joys of this hobby.

Welcome to CP and our hobby. I'd recommend that you get some mild to medium smokes to start with so that you can appreciate the nuances of pure unflavored tobacco. Maybe some Macanudos or Ashtons to start with. See how you like the mild side then if you desire move to something more robust.

Welcome, you are doing it correctly. I find that when I blow the smoke out if I breathe out through my nose at the same time I get much more flavor. You don't want the smoke to go out of your nose though so breather lightly.

Welcome, you are doing it correctly. I find that when I blow the smoke out if I breathe out through my nose at the same time I get much more flavor. You don't want the smoke to go out of your nose though so breather lightly.

Welcome to the BB. You are doing it properly. Try inhaling it and you'll cough out a lung. :0

You're smoking the correct way -- you're not supposed to inhale cigar smoke into your lungs -- but you're smoking the wrong thing. :)

Smoke what you like. I know some people smoke Acids and Moontrance. :laugh:

I've had some friends that inhale cigar smoke. I think they are crazy. Hell, I bought a couple of Ashton for my dad to smoke which was the Natural ones. I talked to him over the weekend on the phone and asked him if he wanted me to get him a couple of cigars as he said he really like them. He said no thanks as the other 2 really made him sick so I asked why. He informed me he had inhaled both of them and got really sick from it. :laugh: SO yeah...I wouldn't advise inhaling any cigar smoke but I have on occasion inhaled some on purpose which leads to me coughing like I wanted to spit out my lungs. :laugh:

Definitely don't inhale. That is unrefined tobacco as someone pointed out and can make you sick.