• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm gonna be in Minneapolis, MN

thejollyco

The Jolly Company
Hey,
I'm visiting my brother for a week, and I'll be arriving Tuesday evening and I was wondering if anyone was up for a nice HERF.
I've never actually had a real CP HERF, so I think it'll be interesting.

I'm not quite sure where in Minneapolis I'll be, but it's on the east side of Lake Calhoun. Honestly, I'd be up for wherever, as long as it's reachable by bus or something similar.

From what I read, Gold Leaf is a pretty good place.
What do you guys think?

They say Surdyk's liquor store has the biggest humidor, is that true?

Golden Leaf is your best option for your location near Lake Calhoun. It has a very good humidor. There is another Golden Leaf in St. Paul with a great smoking room, but the humidor has been suffering lately....IMO.

Minneapolis Herf is Thursday night at 7pm. It is at Golden Leaf Minneapolis. You are very welcome to join, but let us know if you want to attend, as seating is at a premium.

BTW - Surdyk's does not have the largest humidor (Golden Leaf Mpls, Tobacco Grove in Maple Grove and Cigar Jones in Minnetonka all have a bigger humidors with better selection). Surdyk's is a very large humidor for a liquor store and it has the widest selection of Padron if that is your thing.

Hmmm...
Darn, unfortunately, that's one of the days I can't. I was thinking either Wednesday or Friday.
Or sometime during the day on the week days.

Hmmm...
Darn, unfortunately, that's one of the days I can't. I was thinking either Wednesday or Friday.
Or sometime during the day on the week days.

Do you know the CF crew at all? They usually do something over the lunch hour on Fridays, you can check in on the most current "Attn: Mpls/St. Paul" thread over there.

Also, be aware that our tobacco taxes are outrageous, so any humidors that you visit might seem to have very high pricing.

I made the trip to MInne last year and had a smoke with Joe and Ketch..

Some of the nicest guys Ive ever met. Really made a stranger feel welcome.

Have fun there!

Tim,

I agree that Joe G is a great guy BUT I don't know about that Ketch guy!!!! :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

It seems that I was wrong about the Thursday night location. It is at Golden Leaf St. Paul. We might be able to get a few of the guys together for a lunch smoke on Friday. Stogies on Grand? Let us know if Friday lunch might work for you.

I made the trip to MInne last year and had a smoke with Joe and Ketch..

Some of the nicest guys Ive ever met. Really made a stranger feel welcome.
Have fun there!

That... is exactly what Ketch is good at.

Did you convert an old ice cream van?

Damn it! Sigh I made plans to bother my brother at work all day Friday. I figured there was no way any herfing was possible. I'm actually at Golden Leaf right now in Uptown having a La Flor Dom. The selection is pretty decent (minus Bacarrat) and the people here are really nice.

I just learned to use the bus system yesterday and I have no idea how I would get to St Paul even if I could. I am available Monday during the day but I don't wanna make anyone feel like they have to go out of their way.

I'm enjoying the friendliness of the people here and exploring on my own. I like this city.