• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm heading to Belize

okiesmoke

My wife and I are joining the high school youth group from my church on a mission trip to Belize.

After making an ill received joke about my group and the drinking age in Belize, I've decided that probably wont happen but they can't take my cigars! We're staying in Belize City...any good(reputable) shops around?

Everyone's telling me that a mission trip will change my life and that's exactly what I'm afraid of!

Belize City can be fun, use to be said that Belize City is were you go when you've been bad because it was such a dump.

Stay away from the mangrove's at the edge of town by the ocean! The beer is good, the rum sucks!

The swinging bridge is so damned low you'll have to duck to get under it.

Drink bottled water and take lots of pictures. If you get a chance, stop by the Post Office and buy some stamps as they have wonderful artwork.

PS, BRING DEET!!!

My wife and I are joining the high school youth group from my church on a mission trip to Belize.

After making an ill received joke about my group and the drinking age in Belize, I've decided that probably wont happen but they can't take my cigars! We're staying in Belize City...any good(reputable) shops around?

Everyone's telling me that a mission trip will change my life and that's exactly what I'm afraid of!

Can't help you with the shops question...but...

That is great that you are going on a mission trip.I did the same thing last year to the Dominican Republic. The expereince was amazing and it was so great to see God at work in a nother part of the world! It WILL change you...but in good ways. Nothing wrong with that!

And by the way...contrary to what a lot of Christians out there think about the subject (including some of my own family and close friends)...
my personal faith in Jesus Christ...and my promise of enternity with Him through salvation...has nothing to do with whether I smoke a good cigar and have a nice drink or not! I know where I'm going! :D

Ok...I'll step off the podium now...enjoy your mission trip! It will be a great experience!

And by the way...contrary to what a lot of Christians out there think about the subject (including some of my own family and close friends)...my personal faith in Jesus Christ...and my promise of enternity with Him through salvation...has nothing to do with whether I smoke a good cigar and have a nice drink or not! I know where I'm going! :D

Amen!

Well, I can't help you out with your questions either, but hearing Belize came up reminded me of a funny story. During a camping trip on North Padre Island one of my buddies had some hot sauce from Belize that was just in this unmarked container. We all ate some of it. The stuff was hotter than hell! Luckily we were all a little (alot) intoxicated so our senses were numbed a bit. Let's just say the night time was not fun at all as we were all getting up about every 30 minutes to go to the bathroom.

Have fun on your trip and stay away from the hot sauce! (at least the unmarked hot sauce)

Thanks guys for the advice and funny story! We're looking forward to it. I've got to get a few vaccinations before I go!

Thanks guys for the advice and funny story! We're looking forward to it. I've got to get a few vaccinations before I go!

One thing you might want to look into if you haven't already is medical insurance for your trip. Many domestic carriers will not cover you overseas or will not cover you sufficiently while travelling abroad. Don't assume that just because you have health insurance here at home that you will be covered if something happens while in Belize.

A good example of this is our BOTL Knuck42 who was injured in Honduras while on the Rocky Patel trip.

Another example: A friend of mine was in a motor scooter accident while on vacation in the Bahamas and found out the hard way he was not covered sufficiently and that his $25,000 medivac flight back to the states was not covered at all.

I use a company called International Medical Group for my clients travelling out of the USA. They even have a program specifically designed for short term mission trips.

If your sponsor does not provide you with medical insurance while away from home; I strongly encourage you to give it a look.

Danny

Please tell us that you are taking a fly rod to look for some bonefish....

Enjoy the trip. :thumbs:

AND you'll get to use the Blues Brothers line, "I'm on a mission from God!" ;)

Vaccinations for what!?! I've been to Belize a dozen time in the past 10 years and never got any vaccinations, and never had any troubles.