• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm in your forum reading your posts...

sinnyc

Tibi ipsi esto fidelis.
Over the last few months month I have engaged in a lot of clandestine Pipe Room forum reading, some discrete correspondence with LilBastage, some followup discussion with crluap, and, after adding in a healthy dose of following my own whims, I have jumped into pipes with both feet.

I smoked cigarettes for close to 20 years (quit some years ago) and have smoked cigars for half that long. However, my wife and I are expecting our first child any day now and I realized that I am not going to have hours of free time to smoke Double Coronas and Churchills for a while. Like, a long while :laugh:

A pipe seemed like a fine solution to the problem of nicotine delivery and relaxation. Don't misunderstand - I have a large humidor filled with cigars and I intend to put them all to a fiery end. In fact, I've have recently stocked up on lots of smaller sized sticks to get me through the first few months of fatherhood and winter ;) But the ability to smoke a pipe for a while, put it down, and then come back later and relight it again just makes so much sense to me, especially right now.

On Alan's suggestion, I bought a few cob pipes and then ordered about 2 dozen kinds of tobacco to try: English, Aromatics, Orientals, VAPERS - everything that looked interesting. I've been smoking several bowls per night and learning as I go while I figure out the flavors that entice me. So far, Frog Morton On The Town is making me pretty happy. Easy to smoke and not too "flavored". I'm liking Key Largo, too. It's rich and powerful and just tastes great.

I also picked up a pretty inexpensive Big Ben and similarly priced Stanwell and I like the briars far better than the cobs. So, after seeing a few new pipes on Boswell's site today, I decided THIS beautifully grained, deep red/mahogany plateau top sitter was calling my name. Dan Boswell was great to talk to over the phone and told me it would be on its way to me on Monday. I'm looking forward to breaking in my first real freehand pipe with some of the samples I has Boswell's add in to the order!

- Tim

Welcome to the club fellow puffer. That's a really nice pipe. Enjoy it.

I am loving that free hand. Very gorgeous looking, but still functional. Welcome to this section!

tl;dr please send all your cigars (especially Padrons) for immediate incineration.

I guess the words getting out. You can smoke the finest tobacco in the world for pennies a bowl. Welcome to the club.

Doc.

Excellent pipe choice! I'm glad you've decided to stick with it and that I was able to help in some small way. I hope the pipe gives you many years of enjoyment.

Welcome to the most comfortable room at CP. :)

Its good to see you in here bro.
I too am a Pipe newbie :laugh:

That is one seriously nice pipe. :cool:

Welcome. I'm having as much fun in this as I did in my ongoing cigar learning. Doc really put it best, the bang for buck aspect is simply the icing on the cake.

Welcome to the club! I started smoking a pipe after years of cigar smoking and haven't looked back. Interesting note- I still smoke cigars and I have found I actually enjoy my cigars more now then I did before starting the pipe. Maybe its the contrast between tobacco styles. That Boswell you picked up looks like a beauty!
-Eric