• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm so proud of him!

JonDot

Getting ready to go to my youngest son's High School Graduation. I am so proud of him. We had teachers tell us when he was in Elem School in Ok he would never make it,that he was unteachable. Well, Ms Burcham & Ms Rankin, he's graduating with a 3.25 GPA and going to College. Looks like he wasn't unteachable after all, ...was he? A big THANK YOU to the teachers at DeSoto School Dist. in DeSoto, Ks and all the teachers on here that care about their students. YOU ROCK!!! :D :thumbs:

Congratulations. Gratifying to say the least.

My little sister was labelled MENTALLY RETARDED by the NYC school system, 43 years ago.

Due to some family issues, she eventually went to live with my Grandmother. New School, and a new and caring teacher.

This Teacher spent a good deal of time with her and determined that she was Dyslexic (most in my family have dyslexia in one form or another), and also needed glasses.

From that year forward, she was straight A's, and her whole college education (Masters in Fine Art) was paid for by scholarships. She graduated with a 4.0 Avg.

Never ever let a person tell you your child is hopeless. It is more often that the person is usesless, untalented, lazy, uninspired, etc.

Fantastic news JonDot!

I had a teacher in 3rd grade tell my parents that I was going to be held back because of my inability to learn. In response, my parents took me to a mental health professional to assess whether or not I had learning disabilities. After running through a battery of tests the professional wrote a letter to the principal explaining that I was in no way learning disabled and that the reason there were problems was that I was incredibly bored because the teacher was not challenging enough and to move me into a more challenging environment. The teacher had been quite incorrigible and denied it was her that was the issue throughout the process so when I graduated college I sent her a newspaper clipping.

Congratulations. Gratifying to say the least.

My little sister was labelled MENTALLY RETARDED by the NYC school system, 43 years ago.

Due to some family issues, she eventually went to live with my Grandmother. New School, and a new and caring teacher.

This Teacher spent a good deal of time with her and determined that she was Dyslexic (most in my family have dyslexia in one form or another), and also needed glasses.

From that year forward, she was straight A's, and her whole college education (Masters in Fine Art) was paid for by scholarships. She graduated with a 4.0 Avg.

Never ever let a person tell you your child is hopeless. It is more often that the person is usesless, untalented, lazy, uninspired, etc.

I love this story :thumbs:

Through out my life in school i was labled dumb and was told i would never make it in life. I think i proved them wrong and i feel i turned out OK, Helicopter Technical inspector with 2 licenses and 4 airframes from the FAA.

(quote) That will do pig that will do. (BABE)

Congrats! :thumbs:

My son had been misdiagnosed with ADHD. It wasn't until he was in 9th grade that a teacher picked up on what Brian had - Asperger's. In many ways, teachers know their students much better than anybody else.

Congrats! You have a right to be proud. Great story.

Ken

Congrats JonDot. I could tell talking to you yesterday how proud you were. Don't give up, don't ever give up.

Congratulations to you and your son. It's always great to hear stories like this. So many educational professionals are anything but. It's scary to think about the number of kids who slip through the cracks becasue of incompetent and/or lazy teachers/administrators.