• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm sportin' wood

JimK

It arrived today in a huge crate almost 6 feet tall. After 4 and a half months of waiting, it is finally in its new home.

I heeded the advise of several FOGs, and got a size more than I needed. And then I just went completely overboard. I got an Aristocrat Plus THC which is the cooled version of the Plus. I added two non-humidified storage drawers on the bottom, which added about a foot of height, bring it up to about 54 inches. I did this so I could have cigars at eye level, rather than bending over or kneeling down. The drawers were a convenient way to add height with some functionality, since I can store lighters and other parafinalia in there. Bob did a beautiful job and said he enjoyed experimenting with a configuration he had never built before. He played the "what if" game for a few weeks doing mock-ups of a few different implementations of my idea, and arrived at a great final product.

It is decked out in dark red mahogany with walnut burl inlays on the door, top, and also on both of the external drawers. I got the crown molding top plus the DX curved base, two full extension drawers, and full extension shelves. Bob also added some extra fans for me, for a total of six blowing around in there. I think I got every option I could, and made up a few of my own!

It is so nice that I am thinking about putting a little spotlight in the ceiling above it to display it like the striking work of art that it is.

wide.jpg

. .
top.jpg

drwropen.jpg

doorclse.jpg

UPDATE:

Cool...My cabinet is featured on the front page of Aristocrat Humidors.

Bob also has nice pictures:

AristPlus-S017-500.jpg

AristPlus-S015-500.jpg

And finally, the page for my humidor,
The Aristocrat Plus-S . I guess the S stands for Storage.

JK

I'm not trying to be noisy, but how much do these humis run? Are the smaller ones just as nice as the bigger ones? ???

KayakinBoy said:
I'm not trying to be noisy,
[snapback]210547[/snapback]​

You're being noisy (as usual!) :D but not nosy! The Plus starts at about $1200, add another grand if you want the THC (cooled) version. Of course, you can easily spend another grand on options such as inlays, etc.

Mine was about $3500. That is a lot of money by any yardstick, but if you are shopping for a premium, hardwood, hand-built, made-in-the-good-ole-USA humidor, Bob is a great choice, and a super value. Bob gave me extra fans for free, and also really gave me a great price on those extra drawers. We started out talking about putting just one big drawer down there at a certain price, and I ended with two beautiful, burl inlaid, felt lined drawers, and he didn't change the price! I think he did it just for the love of doing something different. I have dozens of pictures of my humi in various incarnations, different wood combos, different drawer configurations, different hardware, etc. We really experimented on this one, and that is one of the luxuries of custom work.

All that to say, again, if you are in the market for a premium-priced humidor to begin with, you can't go wrong with Bob from a value perspective.

All the same applies to smaller cabinets. As far as I know, he uses the same wood and other materials, same electronics if you choose, etc. In fact, I saw a beautiful smaller humi on Bob's site the other day:

miniDX-agecherry-030-400.jpg

That is just a stunning little humidor. I would love to know who bought that.

JK

Kudos on the investment; beautiful just doesn't cover it.

If it were mine, it'd have a light on it, just as you describe. Wow...!!!

Regards - B.B.S.

JimK said:
KayakinBoy said:
I'm not trying to be noisy,
[snapback]210547[/snapback]​
You're being noisy (as usual!) :D but not nosy!
[snapback]210566[/snapback]​

:p :sign:

Very nice man. I've got a 100+ and it's time to make the jump. I'm tossing and turning between cooler and BIG OL' HUMI. Thanks for the extra info.

sweet! i took a look at Bobs site a while back, very nice product. Now, i wonder if he can custom build a combo humi and gun cabinet? :laugh:

Damn Jim! I'm jealous as hell :blush:

She's a real beauty :thumbs:

WOW!

Absolutely beautiful. Bob has outdone himself again. I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice either.

Enjoy!

Beautiful humidor! I'm counting the (hopefully) days until my new humi is done too.

Makes my little 150 guy cry tears of joy for the big brother he will have in a couple of years :)

:cool: I have the M+ from Bob Myself. You will enjoy that humi. Bobs humis are not regular humidors they are works of art.

loanshark said:
Will you marry me!!!! :D :laugh:
[snapback]210578[/snapback]​

Only if you're a woman. Or a man.

Symyn, what kind of humi do you have?

Moki, what did you order?

Inquiring minds want to know!

JK