• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Imperio Cubano Mini Perfecto

BinDerSmokDat

I recently smoked a label I have never tried, a rarity for me. I picked up a box of a brand called Imperio Cubanos. I know what some of you are thinking; Never heard of it! Well have you heard of a little brand called Sosa? Well it's the same family and similar quality and flavor to some Sosa's I've smoked. The size was the Mini Perfecto (4"x40). I grabbed the maduro wrapper, as I usually prefer mads. It is a nicely constructed cigar. Dark wrap with very fine veins. Though it is a perfecto, the taper is barely noticeable, looking at first glance like a small panetela.

I bought these for work because I don't always have time for a big cigar, but need a break from the grind. It is hand-rolled and long filler, so it has an appeal that cigarillos lack. Best of all, no loose filler sticking to your teeth. This is about the smallest cigar I will smoke. I avoid cigarillos in general, due to the above-mentioned problems. The only exception is an ocassional CAO "tins" my friend foists off on me. I think he is trying to convert me, but it ain't happening!

The Mini Perfecto had some nice floral/fruity pre-light aromas. It lit and burned well. Surprising for the size, it didn't burn hot, another plus over loose filler cigarillos. The flavor was medium bodied, with some coffee and just a bit of pepper at the end. It wasn't very complex, but complexity is hard to create in such a little cigar, though the flavor was nice. I enjoyed it so much that I'm going to give some of the other sizes a shot. It won't replace AF Short Stories as my favorite little cigar, but it does earn a spot in my rotation as a good quick fix when a rothschild or robusto is too big and a cigarillo won't cut it.

An Ecudorian wrapper, Mex binder and Dominican Filler. At $23 for 10, this is a must-have to fill out your humidor. (Holt's Cigars)