• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Important Newbies!

cletus

Smokin' Member
This was a post by Eric(Eshaw99)back in Dec.
It was something I enjoyed, when I first started here, so I brought it to the top for the many, many freshman newbs or noobs that have joined lately.

Eshaw99 said:
Tonight I sat down to watch my Colts play the Ravens. I had my desktop humi in my lap. I surveyed the contents and selected for the evening a Punch Gran Puro. But it really didn't matter which one I chose. I was in my chair with a stogie in one hand and a Manhattan in the other, and my favorite team on TV. I was happy. As I watched my Colts struggle in the first half, my mind began to wander as I contemplated what it was about cigars that just makes me feel good. Then I began to wonder what it was about cigars that makes anyone feel good. To me, a good cigar is a journey. You start of with anticipation and high expectations. Sometimes they're good all the way through, sometimes they're bad. Most of the time, it's an experience of highs, maybe a few lows, but a good finish that leaves you relaxed, with a feeling that life is good. Not because you had a particularly great cigar, or your team won (20-10, go Colts!), but that life is good because it's good. And I don't think I'm the only one who is affected this way. I've met people who frequent my store and share my hobby who I've become pretty good friends with (KayakinBoy). I've met people in lounges, bars, golf courses, cruise ships, etc., who I've struck up a conversation with just because they were smoking a cigar too. I've listened to life stories of complete strangers over a cigar, and shared my own with people I've only met once. Take this very internet message board for instance. I've only been on here two weeks, and I've gotten to know more people that I can discuss cigars and other aspects of life with than I've met over the course of several years. People who are genuinely kind, trusting, and generous (i.e. Devin Cole as well as all the FOGS) to the other members on the board, most of whom they've probably never met in person. I've been a member of an Atlanta Braves message board for over 3 years, and while I enjoy the discussion, most of the threads devolve into people either bickering, or trying to one-up each other. But not here. Here, it's just a discussion and appreciation of the finer things in life. When I'm having a cigar with a new smoking buddy I just met, I don't care about their beliefs, political affiliations, etc. For that period of time, they're just a good guy (or girl, can't forget about the ladies!). I don't know what it is about a stick of rolled-up leaves that brings people together, but thank God for it.

Ok now, enough of that. :rolleyes: Time for a brewski!

Eric
[snapback]150302[/snapback]​

My advice is to put more consideration into how you title your posts. I about spewed my morning coffee reading the title to this one......ROFLMAO! ;) :sign:

nice to be important, more important to be nice! said to me by a wise old guy that i learned the electrical trade from. :cool:

The title says "Important Newbies!" Isn't that an oxymoron?

AVB said:
The title says "Important Newbies!" Isn't that an oxymoron?
[snapback]204034[/snapback]​

It could have been worse, I thought it was Imoptent Newbies :whistling:

Back